I have been assigned by my Professor in a University I am attending to use
Vista to create an Active Directory just like Windows 2003. This is only
because I am a tester of and have a beta copy of Vista instead of a copy of
Windows 2003 server.
My question is there a program like dcpromo.exe in Vista?
If so do you have instructions how to create an active directory using Vista?
I am supposed to do the following:
1. Start your server and log on as Administrator.
2. Click Start, then click Run. Type dcpromo and press Enter.
3. Press Next. Press Next again.
4. Make sure Domain Controller for a new domain is selected, and press Next.
5. Ensure that Domain in new forest is selected, and press Next.
6. At the New Domain Name screen, type in studentx.IT380.com (where x is
your Kaplan student login name as assigned by Kaplan University) in the box
provided, and press Next.
7. At the NetBIOS Domain Name screen, ensure that studentx.IT380.com (where
x is your Kaplan student login name as assigned by Kaplan University) is
displayed in the box provided, and press Next.
8. At the Database and Log Folders screen, press Next.
9. At the Shared System Volume screen, press Next.
10. At the DNS Registration Diagnostics screen, ensure that Install and
configure the DNS server on this computer, and set this computer to use this
server as its preferred DNS server is selected and press Next.
11. At the Permissions screen, press Next.
12. At the Directory Services Restore Mode Administrator Password screen,
type in the password secret in both text boxes, and press Next.
13. At the Summary screen, press Next.
14. Click Finish.
15. Click Restart Now.
16. Log onto your new Windows Server 2003 as Administrator and produce a
screen shot of your new Windows Server 2003 desktop showing the domain name
you created during this install.
Windows Vista Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized,
sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation.
"Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.