Ok, I was one of those who was searching frantically for a solution for my
wireless connectivity problem after upgrading to Vista. Finally after endless
searching, I found the solution. Here are the steps I've taken...
1) Go to www.intel.com
and click on 'support and downloads'
2) Click on 'Download Center' and look for 'wireless LAN Intel WIreless Pro
3945ABG' on your left
3) Download the driver
and make sure you SAVE it in the same folder as your
4) Once done, take note of the file
5) Go to 'Device Manager' and look for your wireless Intel Pro Wireless
6) In 'Properties' click on 'Driver' tab
7) Click on 'Update Driver'. Next screen you see are 2 options, 'Search Auto
....' or ' Browse my Comp...'. Make sure you use the latter. The reason is, if
you use the first one, Windows will promt that you already had the latest
driver, which is not true cos the one you download is the latest and using
this option will not update it for you.
8) Once you click on 'Browse My Comp...', look for the driver that you have
9) Click 'Next' and the system will install this new driver for you.
It should now give you faster connectivity. Mine is now showing 99%. I am
not sure why Vista doesn't recognise the new driver as the latest one. Kindda
weird. So now, here is the solution. Hope it helps!!!