Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
"Meatball" <Meatball.firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message news:Meatball.email@example.com...
I had the same problem, follow these steps to enable Windows Update with
Vista's Firewall with outbound filtering enabled:
1) Click on 'Start'
2) Under search type: wf.msc and press enter. The firewall
configuration window should open
3) Click on 'Outbound Rules'
4) Click 'New Rule' to the right of the window
5) Click next
6) Locate the program path to C:\Windows\system32\wuapp.exe
7) Add new rules for wuacuclt.exe, WUDFHOST, WUSa.exe (all located in
You should then be able to access window update