I purchased WRT54G Linksys wirless adapter & WRT54G Linksys Router about 8-10
months ago. Router wired to my desktop pc running Windows XP & my wireless
connection running Vista Basic on a desktop in another room..Everything has
worked fine until about 3 days ago when I keep going in & out of internet
connection on the wireless pc. Updated drivers
from Linksys and was on the
phone with them for 3 hrs. yesterday. They got my connection back up, but
only for 15 mins. or so before losing my connection repeatedly. These are my
1. I have always had full signal streghth on the wireless pc.
2. I am connected to the network.
3. It says I'm connected to the internet but I can't surf the web.
4. Internet connection keeps turning on/off (Globe then no globe)
5. There are no issues at all with the pc with the router attached.
6. When diagnose and repair it says nothing wrong with my connection or
sometimes check with my internet provider. (Internet on main pc working fine).
7. It's random but I have been able to browse a couple pages here & there,
sometimes for a full hour.
8. Windows Update says there's been an update for my wireless adapter for
months but I always get an Update Failed message. My pc has worked fine for
all this time without it. There have been no changes to either pc. I don't
know why I'm having issues now. Please help..