"Makoto" <Makoto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently upgraded to Vista, and i really like the new look. I don't
> have any performance issues when running normally, but when i work with
> graphics, the software starts to lag.
> I understand that large graphics tend to slow down the system. However,
> what i'm seeing on the CPU meter, even when my graphics are lagging, my
> usage is never higher than 55%. If the remaining 45% of RAM is free, is
> a way to manage the settings so that my lagging program can make use of
> Of course it's also possible that the lagging is caused by the internal
> structure of the program. But i would still be interested to find out if i
> can change how much RAM a program can use.
> Thanks in advance.
LOL I tried transferring stuff on my LAN and Vista takes forever if it is
alot of small files. Sending to my machine is very fast, but this Vista
machine is crap when sending stuff. I had 300 meg of docs and pics in a
folder, but try and send that folder over the network and Vista sits there
for almost an hour calculating the speed and then craps out.
I can get around it by zipping or raring into 1 file, but it really is not
too good. I know a few other ppl with this issue, so at least I know it is
not just me. It really seems to struggle if you have more than 1 file,
although size does not seem to be an issue.
Join our distributed computing project.
Team FTL http://www.takyon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk