Windows Vista Forums

Error Code 643

  1. #1


    How2 Guest

    Error Code 643

    This error code relates to a "security update for Microsoft.NET framework
    version 1.1 Service Pack 1. My Windows Vista has tried many times to
    download this update and each time it has failed and reports error code 643.

    What is the solution to this problem?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   


  3. #2


    Bob J Guest

    RE: Error Code 643

    Error code643 - A network adapter at the server failed.

    You do not have a problem on your PC p
    What the error says is that MS had a fault at their end and the update was
    not uploaded.
    Manually download the update.
    --
    Regards
    Bob J
    If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
    another source,post back & let us know.
    Then we all benefit.



    "How2" wrote:

    > This error code relates to a "security update for Microsoft.NET framework
    > version 1.1 Service Pack 1. My Windows Vista has tried many times to
    > download this update and each time it has failed and reports error code 643.
    >
    > What is the solution to this problem?


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3


    Ron Morin Guest

    RE: Error Code 643

    Bob, I have same problem. I downloaded the update manually as you suggested
    and started the install. It started he execution but seems to have finished
    within 20 seconds with no messages. How do I know if it did the job. I have
    2 .NET Framework items in my installed control panel. One is version 1.1 and
    version 3. Version 3 shows no date and if I highlight it it does not bring up
    the uninstall opton whereas if I highlight version 1.1 it does. I have
    attempted to uninstall version 1.1 and it goes through the motion but it
    never disappears from the installed program list. Versions 1.1 and 3.0 have
    always been there from the start. This was a Vista Business Upgrade to an XP
    SP2 fully up to date with security updates. Ron


    "Bob J" wrote:

    > Error code643 - A network adapter at the server failed.
    >
    > You do not have a problem on your PC p
    > What the error says is that MS had a fault at their end and the update was
    > not uploaded.
    > Manually download the update.
    > --
    > Regards
    > Bob J
    > If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
    > another source,post back & let us know.
    > Then we all benefit.
    >
    >
    >
    > "How2" wrote:
    >
    > > This error code relates to a "security update for Microsoft.NET framework
    > > version 1.1 Service Pack 1. My Windows Vista has tried many times to
    > > download this update and each time it has failed and reports error code 643.
    > >
    > > What is the solution to this problem?


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4


    Bob J Guest

    RE: Error Code 643

    Check in you Update History and if the update is logged them no problem.
    Remember it is an update not a replacement so the version No. does not
    change.
    --
    Regards
    Bob J
    If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
    another source,post back & let us know.
    Then we all benefit.



    "How2" wrote:

    > This error code relates to a "security update for Microsoft.NET framework
    > version 1.1 Service Pack 1. My Windows Vista has tried many times to
    > download this update and each time it has failed and reports error code 643.
    >
    > What is the solution to this problem?


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5


    Ron Morin Guest

    RE: Error Code 643

    Bob, I checked the update log and nothing shows for this update 929729 other
    than previous failure to install thru the normal Windows Update. I reran the
    manually downloaded file from earlier tonight and again just a flicker of the
    screen and no entries on Event log or in Update History. Ron


    "Bob J" wrote:

    > Check in you Update History and if the update is logged them no problem.
    > Remember it is an update not a replacement so the version No. does not
    > change.
    > --
    > Regards
    > Bob J
    > If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
    > another source,post back & let us know.
    > Then we all benefit.
    >
    >
    >
    > "How2" wrote:
    >
    > > This error code relates to a "security update for Microsoft.NET framework
    > > version 1.1 Service Pack 1. My Windows Vista has tried many times to
    > > download this update and each time it has failed and reports error code 643.
    > >
    > > What is the solution to this problem?


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6


    Bob J Guest

    RE: Error Code 643

    Try the fix in the KB link below, it does not mention any specific update but
    it may do the trick. Use the entry relating to update not being installed.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902992/en-us
    --
    Regards
    Bob J
    If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
    another source,post back & let us know.
    Then we all benefit.



    "Ron Morin" wrote:

    > Bob, I checked the update log and nothing shows for this update 929729 other
    > than previous failure to install thru the normal Windows Update. I reran the
    > manually downloaded file from earlier tonight and again just a flicker of the
    > screen and no entries on Event log or in Update History. Ron
    >
    >
    > "Bob J" wrote:
    >
    > > Check in you Update History and if the update is logged them no problem.
    > > Remember it is an update not a replacement so the version No. does not
    > > change.
    > > --
    > > Regards
    > > Bob J
    > > If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
    > > another source,post back & let us know.
    > > Then we all benefit.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "How2" wrote:
    > >
    > > > This error code relates to a "security update for Microsoft.NET framework
    > > > version 1.1 Service Pack 1. My Windows Vista has tried many times to
    > > > download this update and each time it has failed and reports error code 643.
    > > >
    > > > What is the solution to this problem?


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7


    DebbieC Guest

    RE: Error Code 643

    I got this fix from Microsoft support. It works, I did it. I did tell them
    that the problem seems to be Microsofts because there are too many of us
    experiencing the same problem.

    To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest we first perform these steps:

    Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility
    ====================================
    1. Visit:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
    2. Save the file to your computer.
    3. Right click "msicuu2.exe", click "Run as administrator" and follow the
    wizard to install this tool on your computer.

    Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
    ========================
    1. Click Start ->All Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up, click Allow.
    2. See if you can find .Net Framework software. If so, remove them.

    After that, please restart the computer and perform the following
    suggestions to reinstall .NET framework 1.1 and the updates for it.

    Step 3: Install .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package and related updates
    ==================================================
    1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable
    Package from the following link and save it to the C drive (C:\)

    1) Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6/dotnetfx.exe

    2) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...867460-X86.exe

    3) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
    (KB928366)

    http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...d81a178b15.exe

    4) .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 SYSTEM.WEB.DLL and MSCOREE.DLL Security
    Update for Windows Vista (KB929729)

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...929729-X86.exe




    "How2" wrote:

    > This error code relates to a "security update for Microsoft.NET framework
    > version 1.1 Service Pack 1. My Windows Vista has tried many times to
    > download this update and each time it has failed and reports error code 643.
    >
    > What is the solution to this problem?


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8



    Newbie
    Join Date : Dec 2007
    Indiana
    Posts : 1
    Vista Ultimate 32bit
    Local Time: 12:58 AM
    usa us indiana

     

    Re: Error Code 643

    Thanks for doing the research. After a lot of trial & error, I stumbled upon your post here, and it fixed the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieC View Post
    I got this fix from Microsoft support. It works, I did it. I did tell them
    that the problem seems to be Microsofts because there are too many of us
    experiencing the same problem.

    To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest we first perform these steps:

    Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility
    ====================================
    1. Visit:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
    2. Save the file to your computer.
    3. Right click "msicuu2.exe", click "Run as administrator" and follow the
    wizard to install this tool on your computer.

    Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
    ========================
    1. Click Start ->All Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up, click Allow.
    2. See if you can find .Net Framework software. If so, remove them.

    After that, please restart the computer and perform the following
    suggestions to reinstall .NET framework 1.1 and the updates for it.

    Step 3: Install .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package and related updates
    ==================================================
    1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable
    Package from the following link and save it to the C drive (C:\)

    1) Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6/dotnetfx.exe

    2) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...867460-X86.exe

    3) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
    (KB928366)

    http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...d81a178b15.exe

    4) .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 SYSTEM.WEB.DLL and MSCOREE.DLL Security
    Update for Windows Vista (KB929729)

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...929729-X86.exe




    "How2" wrote:

    > This error code relates to a "security update for Microsoft.NET framework
    > version 1.1 Service Pack 1. My Windows Vista has tried many times to
    > download this update and each time it has failed and reports error code 643.
    >
    > What is the solution to this problem?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9


    Vista Challenged Guest

    Re: Error Code 643

    Thanks Brew and all the posters since July. I just got it now and although
    you have an answer, I've wasted an afternoon trying to fix it and am tapped
    out. I tjhink I will wait till the Jan pack and see if Microsoft thinks it
    is important and cares enough to fix it.
    Thanks again
    VC

    "Brew Seeker" wrote:

    >
    > Thanks for doing the research. After a lot of trial & error, I stumbled
    > upon your post here, and it fixed the problem.
    >
    > DebbieC;422987 Wrote:

    > > I got this fix from Microsoft support. It works, I did it. I did tell
    > > them
    > > that the problem seems to be Microsofts because there are too many of
    > > us
    > > experiencing the same problem.
    > >
    > > To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest we first perform these steps:
    > >
    > > Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility
    > > ====================================
    > > 1. Visit:
    > > http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
    > > 2. Save the file to your computer.
    > > 3. Right click "msicuu2.exe", click "Run as administrator" and follow
    > > the
    > > wizard to install this tool on your computer.
    > >
    > > Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
    > > ========================
    > > 1. Click Start ->All Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up, click
    > > Allow.
    > > 2. See if you can find .Net Framework software. If so, remove them.
    > >
    > > After that, please restart the computer and perform the following
    > > suggestions to reinstall .NET framework 1.1 and the updates for it.
    > >
    > > Step 3: Install .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package and related
    > > updates
    > > ==================================================
    > > 1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
    > > Redistributable
    > > Package from the following link and save it to the C drive (C:\)
    > >
    > > 1) Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
    > >
    > > http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6/dotnetfx.exe
    > >
    > > 2) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
    > >
    > > http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...867460-X86.exe
    > >
    > > 3) Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service
    > > Pack 1
    > > (KB928366)
    > >
    > > http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...d81a178b15.exe
    > >
    > > 4) .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 SYSTEM.WEB.DLL and MSCOREE.DLL
    > > Security
    > > Update for Windows Vista (KB929729)
    > >
    > > http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...929729-X86.exe
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "How2" wrote:
    > >

    > > > This error code relates to a "security update for Microsoft.NET
    > > framework

    > > > version 1.1 Service Pack 1. My Windows Vista has tried many times to
    > > > download this update and each time it has failed and reports error
    > > code 643.

    > > >
    > > > What is the solution to this problem?
    >
    >
    > --
    > Brew Seeker
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  11. #10



    Newbie
    Join Date : Jul 2008
    Posts : 1
    Vista Ulimate x32
    Local Time: 12:58 AM


     

    Re: Error Code 643

    Thanks, DebbieC, for posting this solution. It worked for me, but only after I forced Windows Update to check for updates did the .Net 1.1 update disappear from the list.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Error Code 643
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Error Code 80048820; extended error code 80048439 Live Messenger
Code 37 Error Code Drivers
Vista Install Error: Error Code 0x80070241 Vista installation & setup
error code 0xc004c015 the activation server experienced an error Vista installation & setup
An error occurred while copying Setup files. Error code is [800702 Vista General