OK guys the solution is here with the compliments of H.P.
I would like to thank HP technicians for helping me, for their time of
course and for doing what Microsoft can't do (speaking of that: having the
"worked in Microsoft" entry in your CV shouldn't say much).
I'm copying / pasting the solution:
We suggest you to steps below to resolve this issue:
1) Please right click on 'My Computer' icon and click on Properties.
2) Click 'Device Manager' button under the 'Hardware' tab.
3) Please right click on the LaserJet 1320 DOT4 entry under IEEE 1284.4 and
click Update Driver
4) In the Update Driver Wizard, Please select the 'Install from a List or
Specific Location' and proceed.
Note: If you get the Windows Update window, please select 'No not at this
time and click next.
5) In the next window, select 'Don't Search I will Choose the Driver to
Install' option and click next.
6) Select 'USB Printing Support and proceed to complete the Wizard.
Note: If you get a Found New Hardware wizard after completing this wizard,
please cancel it.
7) Click Start - Printers & faxes.
8) Right click on the Printer icon and select Properties - Ports.
9) Select the USB_001 and click Apply button.
10) Select the General tab in the Properties window and click Print Test
Page to print a test page to verify that the issue has been resolved to your
And it words fine!