Windows Vista Forums

Vongo

  1. #1


    Jeffrey Richard Guest

    Vongo

    I have a brand new laptop, just got it 7/26, anyway I signed up for Vongo,
    but I cant download NOTHING just get a unexpectant error I am using just the
    Vista firewall software, but I am using CA Security for virus and spyware.

    Any ideas why this is nto working? I emailed Vongo havent heard from them
    yet, if I dont hear from them soon, I will be cancelling my subscription.
    No reason to pay for something I cant use.


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.   


  3. #2



    Newbie
    Join Date : Aug 2007
    Posts : 2
    vista
    Local Time: 07:21 AM


     

    Re: Vongo

    Vongo uses the Windows Media Player (WMP) DRM. You will need to make sure that your Vista machine is setup to store licenses before downloading. New machines that have not gone through the WMP first time startup, will sometimes have this problem.
    1. Run WMP through first time setup.
    2. Go to Help > About > Technical Support Information.
    3. Check the DRM and Indiv Versions, if they are blank you will need to remove the contents of your DRM folder (this will remove any existing licenses for all WMP DRM content including other companies content, be sure before you do this, or try step 4 first and come back if it doesn't work) c:\users\all users\microsoft\windows\drm
    4. If you had a DRM and Indiv version or you deleted your drm folder contents, in IE go to Certificate Revocation List Update and click update.
    5. Run Vongo and try the download again.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3


    A Campbell Guest

    RE: Vongo

    I too am having the same problem. If it is installed already, it should just
    work when you sign up in my opinion. I think that it is sad that no one has
    taken the time to give an answer. My husband will probably fix it before I
    learn how to on my own. If so, I will send a solution. I want to watch my
    movies!!!

    "Jeffrey Richard" wrote:

    > I have a brand new laptop, just got it 7/26, anyway I signed up for Vongo,
    > but I cant download NOTHING just get a unexpectant error I am using just the
    > Vista firewall software, but I am using CA Security for virus and spyware.
    >
    > Any ideas why this is nto working? I emailed Vongo havent heard from them
    > yet, if I dont hear from them soon, I will be cancelling my subscription.
    > No reason to pay for something I cant use.
    >
    >

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4



    Newbie
    Join Date : Dec 2007
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts : 3
    Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
    Local Time: 07:21 AM
    usa us florida

     

    Re: Vongo

    As of December 23rd, Vongo now supports XP-64 and Vista-64 bit operating systems.

    Go to Vongo's homepage to download their latest & greatestworking versions of their software.

    One might want to uninstall their current Vongo application, first.

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

    Will

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5



    Junior Member
    Join Date : Dec 2007
    Posts : 19
    Vista Ultimate 64
    Local Time: 07:21 AM


     

    Re: Vongo

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWest View Post
    As of December 23rd, Vongo now supports XP-64 and Vista-64 bit operating systems.

    Go to Vongo's homepage to download their latest & greatestworking versions of their software.

    One might want to uninstall their current Vongo application, first.

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

    Will
    This is inaccurate.....


    I hope everyone had a great xmas....

    Ok tried, still doesn't work.... Same systray crash, same Vongo crash.....

    Took screen shot this time also, for anyone who disbelieves..




    NOTE - This was fresh install. Alll folders, and reg entires deleted last time. Retried to reinstall twice.. Same outcome..FAILED>...

    This is also confirmed by many emails I have had within the last few weeks with Vongo. They are aware of the 64 bit issue and hope to have a fix early in January. Further details can be seen here

    [url=http://geekswithblogs.net/scottkuhl/archive/2007/10/26/Vongo-is-a-Mess.aspx]Vongo is a Mess[/media]

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6



    Newbie
    Join Date : Dec 2007
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts : 3
    Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
    Local Time: 07:21 AM
    usa us florida

     

    Re: Vongo

    It's definitely true. Vongo works with 64 bit systems.

    I have received a coupon from Vongo for 3 months free, and no longer have problems with their service on my Vista 64-bit machine.
    Will

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7



    Junior Member
    Join Date : Dec 2007
    Posts : 19
    Vista Ultimate 64
    Local Time: 07:21 AM


     

    Re: Vongo

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWest View Post
    It's definitely true. Vongo works with 64 bit systems.

    I have received a coupon from Vongo for 3 months free, and no longer have problems with their service on my Vista 64-bit machine.
    Will
    Well thats quite odd will, as I talked to a Vongo rep last friday stating (and confirmed by juilie) that 64 bit isn't supported right now. She told me she would email me when it is available early next year.

    i even include a screen shot above via link to the errors it does. All the ones Vongo is aware of and as i was told, will have fixed in January sometime.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8



    Newbie
    Join Date : Aug 2007
    Posts : 2
    vista
    Local Time: 07:21 AM


     

    Re: Vongo

    Julie says "Vongo was updated on 11/30/07 to support 64-bit Vista installations."

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9



    Newbie
    Join Date : Dec 2007
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts : 3
    Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
    Local Time: 07:21 AM
    usa us florida

     

    Re: Vongo

    Yes. Thank you.

    Below is a quirp from "Vongo Customer Service Team" that I received in an email on 12/21/2007.

    "Dear Vongo User,

    We are pleased to inform you that VONGO now supports both Windows XP and Vista 64-bit operating systems."

    Will

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


Vongo
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Vongo and Spybot 2009 Software
Vongo in windows vista Vista General