Solved 0x80004005

Thank you RichC46 for your reply. I tried the elevated thingy as you suggested & then put in REGSVR32 (space) JSCRIPT.DLL as requested by McAfee & got the reply'cannot conect with DLL or something, error 0x80004005 refers. Thus I am no further forward.

My Computer

May I suggest that many members have had problems with their anti virus. One of the most trouble free is Microsoft Security Essentials, it was made specifically for Windows and its free.
If it were me, I would use Security Essentials in lieu of Mcafee.
You will not be losing any money, since what you spent is gone and it costs nothing additional for Essentials. I use it, as do many others, here), in conjuction with Malwarebytes for a once a week scan, also free.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security_essentials/default..

If you agree, go to the Mcafee site for the uninstall tool.

I was getting Mcafee, free, from my internet providor. I switched to Security Essentials, because it was better suited to what I was looking for.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Hi richc46. Thank you very much for your support, I have noted what you say about Microsoft Security Essentials & will go that way when my McAfee subs expire. In fairness to McAfee they took over my PC for 2.5 hrs to get rid of the chronic malfunctions my PC had collected & have now re-installed their anti-virus & most of my PC is now working normally again.

This thread may be regarded as closed now.

My Computer

Im glad that you sorted it out.
Good luck

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card