[acer] hd audio manager

zafz

So yeah, I know that Acer displays the Realtek HD Audio Manager as ACER's.

I have no problems with the name being different. The problem is, after 4 successive times of uninstalling the driver and installing the new one, the HD Audio Manager does not update. Its stuck at one version. So can anyone help me update the HD Audio Manager? My dumb guess is that Acer is not updating the HD Audio Manager as it'll be changed to Realtek.. I have tried downloading and installing the Driver from Acer's website but its still the same.. Help is much appreciated.

My Computer

So yeah, I know that Acer displays the Realtek HD Audio Manager as ACER's.

I have no problems with the name being different. The problem is, after 4 successive times of uninstalling the driver and installing the new one, the HD Audio Manager does not update. Its stuck at one version. So can anyone help me update the HD Audio Manager? My dumb guess is that Acer is not updating the HD Audio Manager as it'll be changed to Realtek.. I have tried downloading and installing the Driver from Acer's website but its still the same.. Help is much appreciated.

Welcome to the Vista Forums zafz,

....and before I go any further I recommend that you forget all about Acer to source your driver updates - they are notoriously slow at getting up-to-date with the latest from Realtek.

I suggest that you go straight to the Sound & Audio Forum Sticky Note at the top of the page here , and always update from there.

But first of all, make sure that you read the notes that Brink has written to the heading of the post at Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version, and because you also have an Acer, have a good read of the Posts from #430 [My post] right through to #446 [Brinks Post]. This will give you some idea of what I went through when updating my Audio driver, and how it all worked out. At the moment you find yourself in a situation much as I was at that time.

Pay particular heed to the advice to save the Installation File to your desktop, and also the need to download and run the file twice -rebooting after each run. Anyway, if you read through those posts carefully, you shouldn't have too many problems in successfully installing the latest version.

You will also see that I brought Brinks attention to the fact that with Acer systems, you will find your Audio driver details and settings under Start>Control Panel>Acer HD Audio Manager, and he added a note to that effect to the start of the Forum.Then if you want to keep up-to-date with the latest releases, Click on to Thread Tools in the heading bar at the top of the first page of the Forum, then select Subscribe to this Thread from the drop-down menu, then each time there is a post advising of the latest version available, you will get an email telling you of that fact.

Hope this is of some help to you, and that all goes well......Come back and let us know how you get on.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire Notebook 5633WLMi.[5630 Series]
    CPU
    Intel Centrino Duo Processor - Intel Core 2 CPU.
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 [3.07GB maximum real available]
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce Go 7300, 128MB
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio, Ver. 6.0.1.5717, 2.08MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer Aspire Notebook - 15.4"; Acer LCD Monitor X223Wsd - 22".
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800x60Hertz [max.]
    Hard Drives
    Notebook - Samsung HM320JI 320GB HD installed 07 August 2009.
    External HDs [4];Maxtor One Touch4 - 500GB External HD [Drive M:\].Western Digital WDXMS1200TA - 120GB External HD [Drive G:\ - Windows Defender Backup Files only]. Two x LaCie 320GB Mobi
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless V320 for Notebooks - Model M/N: M-RCD125
    Internet Speed
    Down 20000kb/sec / Up 1000kb/sec [Bigpond-Aus]
    Other Info
    Brother MFC-465CN; PC to Fax/Scan/Copy/Photo MFC. Epson Perfection V300 Photo Scanner. Siemens Speedstream 6520 Router. Wacom 'Bamboo Fun' CTE-650 PC Tablet, Stylus and Mouse. UAC - On;Activated. Browsers; [1] FireFox v3.6[2] IE8. Honorary R.S.M. to the 4th [Assault Pioneer] Troop Pune Sepoys , and 3rd Troop Jodhpur Bengali Lancers.
Have yet to read the posts yet. However, the first 4 successive times which i updated my driver was using the setup from realtek's website and I also properly ran the setup twice. But, the [ACER] HD Audio Manager just did not update. It was stuck at whatever version it was on. Here's a screenshot:
54d1d4.jpg

I only installed the driver from Acer's website as my fifth try.. Any suggestions?

My Computer

Did you restart your computer after each installation, and where did you save the .exe install file to?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire Notebook 5633WLMi.[5630 Series]
    CPU
    Intel Centrino Duo Processor - Intel Core 2 CPU.
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 [3.07GB maximum real available]
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce Go 7300, 128MB
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio, Ver. 6.0.1.5717, 2.08MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer Aspire Notebook - 15.4"; Acer LCD Monitor X223Wsd - 22".
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800x60Hertz [max.]
    Hard Drives
    Notebook - Samsung HM320JI 320GB HD installed 07 August 2009.
    External HDs [4];Maxtor One Touch4 - 500GB External HD [Drive M:\].Western Digital WDXMS1200TA - 120GB External HD [Drive G:\ - Windows Defender Backup Files only]. Two x LaCie 320GB Mobi
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless V320 for Notebooks - Model M/N: M-RCD125
    Internet Speed
    Down 20000kb/sec / Up 1000kb/sec [Bigpond-Aus]
    Other Info
    Brother MFC-465CN; PC to Fax/Scan/Copy/Photo MFC. Epson Perfection V300 Photo Scanner. Siemens Speedstream 6520 Router. Wacom 'Bamboo Fun' CTE-650 PC Tablet, Stylus and Mouse. UAC - On;Activated. Browsers; [1] FireFox v3.6[2] IE8. Honorary R.S.M. to the 4th [Assault Pioneer] Troop Pune Sepoys , and 3rd Troop Jodhpur Bengali Lancers.
Back