• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Acrobat 8

G

Gustavo

#1
I 've just got my new computer. When I tried to open a PDF file the message
was "Runtime error" and I had to close the file. Windows suggested to update
Acrobat. I downloaded the last version. Still getting the same message over
and over. Any clue? Is this a Adobe or Vista problem?
Thanks
--
Gus
 

My Computer

P

philo

#2
"Gustavo" <Gustavo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:96F6AE19-F8B0-4147-85F0-D0F763D824DB@xxxxxx

> I 've just got my new computer. When I tried to open a PDF file the
message

> was "Runtime error" and I had to close the file. Windows suggested to
update

> Acrobat. I downloaded the last version. Still getting the same message
over

> and over. Any clue? Is this a Adobe or Vista problem?
> Thanks
> --
> Gus

Who knows?

Try Foxit instead of Adobe

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
 

My Computer

P

PNutts

#3
There is a possibility that it is the file itself. Can you open Reader from
the menu without opening a file?

With that said, I've run every Vista compatible version of Reader without
issues. The current version is 8.1.1. If yours is lower than that, you should
go ahead and upgrade.

Good luck.

"Gustavo" wrote:

> I 've just got my new computer. When I tried to open a PDF file the message
> was "Runtime error" and I had to close the file. Windows suggested to update
> Acrobat. I downloaded the last version. Still getting the same message over
> and over. Any clue? Is this a Adobe or Vista problem?
> Thanks
> --
> Gus
 

My Computer

#4
>>>Try Foxit instead of Adobe<<<

No No, don't Try it....install and Use it :>)
Far better program than that BloatWare Adobe Reader 8

--
All the best,
SG

"philo" <philo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OHqOQ9SZIHA.4684@xxxxxx

>
> "Gustavo" <Gustavo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:96F6AE19-F8B0-4147-85F0-D0F763D824DB@xxxxxx

>> I 've just got my new computer. When I tried to open a PDF file the
> message

>> was "Runtime error" and I had to close the file. Windows suggested to
> update

>> Acrobat. I downloaded the last version. Still getting the same message
> over

>> and over. Any clue? Is this a Adobe or Vista problem?
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Gus
>
>
> Who knows?
>
> Try Foxit instead of Adobe
>
> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
>
>
 

My Computer

C
#5
SG wrote:

||||Try Foxit instead of Adobe<<<
|
|No No, don't Try it....install and Use it :>)
|Far better program than that BloatWare Adobe Reader 8


The FoxIt reader is phenomenal and lightweight. So good that I have
purchased some of their other pdf application. They are all really
good. These people knows pdf better than Adobe! :)

--
//ceed
 

My Computer