Adding a port?

Amerks5

I have windows vista home basic and I got it for Christmas along with a new computer. I have 2 problems. My first problem is that I have Windows Firewall with Advanced Security so I can't add a port.
My second problem is that I can't get rid of the message "This version of vista is not genuine" when it is because I have the certificate on my processor. I have tryed validating 10 times, but it doesn't work... any help?

My Computer

What port do you want to add? Aren't you able to go in through the control panel and create an exception in the firewall? Do you just need more detailed instructions on how to do so?

So you got a brand new computer out of the box, turned it on, and you are unable to activate? If this is so you should give Microsoft a call. Their general number is 1-800-MICROSOFT (642-7676), and they should be able to get you to a department that can help you. I wouldn't bother contacting your vendor, as they will tell you to contact Microsoft.

My Computer

Thanks for the info, but I can't just go to exceptions. I am trying to add port 43594, but Windows Firewall With Advanced Security doesn't have and 'Exceptions' tab.

My Computer

On the left hand side of the Advanced Firewall you see "Inbound Rules" and "Outbound Rules" ?

Click on "Inbound Rules" then on the right pane you have the option to "Add Rule" then you can specify a "Port Rule". In the next window you can specify the port, and the screen after that you can tell it to allow.

You might have to repeat the process for an "Outbound Rule" on the same port. It depends on the application you are going to be using.

Good Luck! :cool:

My Computer

Back