• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

aero on GeForce FX 5700LE

M

Mark Rae

#2
"ctellis156" <ctellis156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:40097925-F217-49F1-B1B2-BF7EE75A5F3B@microsoft.com...

> is this possible?


No.

> i still havent found the options


They don't exist yet...
 
T

Travis King

#3
Aero Glass should work on that card.
"ctellis156" <ctellis156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:40097925-F217-49F1-B1B2-BF7EE75A5F3B@microsoft.com...
> is this possible? i still havent found the options
 
T

Travis King

#4
Maybe not...
"Travis King" <Anonymous@none.com> wrote in message
news:%236dmg5OFHHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Aero Glass should work on that card.
> "ctellis156" <ctellis156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:40097925-F217-49F1-B1B2-BF7EE75A5F3B@microsoft.com...
>> is this possible? i still havent found the options

>
 
M

Mark Rae

#5
"Travis King" <Anonymous@none.com> wrote in message
news:%236dmg5OFHHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

> Aero Glass should work on that card.


It doesn't.
 
B
#6
"Mark Rae" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.com> wrote in message
news:eE0zX3OFHHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> "ctellis156" <ctellis156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:40097925-F217-49F1-B1B2-BF7EE75A5F3B@microsoft.com...
>
>> is this possible?

>
> No.


If it has 64MB of video memory

>> i still havent found the options

>
> They don't exist yet...


Sure they do:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_home.html

http://www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_gpu.html

Shows the GPUs that support Vista. In some cases, you may need to
enable the Aero feature in the Registry if Vista doesn't recognize the
card or install a WDDM driver, or you can install nVidia drivers
(which are still beta a bit flakey), but all the listed cards are
capable and if they meet the criteria below, they should work.

There are four main criteria for Aero in a video card:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx

"Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics
memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel."
 
C

ctellis156

#7
i thought so too. its a 256mb card agp pretty sure pixelshader2.o ect i have
1 gig ram 1.2 ghz sempron processor


"Travis King" wrote:

> Aero Glass should work on that card.
> "ctellis156" <ctellis156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:40097925-F217-49F1-B1B2-BF7EE75A5F3B@microsoft.com...
> > is this possible? i still havent found the options

>
>
 
B

Barbara

#8
I loaded Vista on a system with a GEForce FX 5700LE and aero worked fine.
Rating was 3.0.


"ctellis156" <ctellis156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:40097925-F217-49F1-B1B2-BF7EE75A5F3B@microsoft.com...
> is this possible? i still havent found the options
 
C

ctellis156

#9
awsome. i knew this card was good enough. thanks for confirming that for me.
i do think my problem is a problem with the drivers. What driver version do
you use for that card. I think this will be essential for me to know. Thanks
I am using RC1 btw so the newest drivers are out of the question for me since
its for rc2

"Barbara" wrote:

> I loaded Vista on a system with a GEForce FX 5700LE and aero worked fine.
> Rating was 3.0.
>
>
> "ctellis156" <ctellis156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:40097925-F217-49F1-B1B2-BF7EE75A5F3B@microsoft.com...
> > is this possible? i still havent found the options

>
>
>
 
P

Pedro

#10
Hi all

....."enable the Aero feature in the Registry " , anyone knows how to do it ?

Br
Pedro




"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message
news:n42dne5hvso8MfLYnZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@golden.net...
> "Mark Rae" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.com> wrote in message
> news:eE0zX3OFHHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> "ctellis156" <ctellis156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:40097925-F217-49F1-B1B2-BF7EE75A5F3B@microsoft.com...
>>
>>> is this possible?

>>
>> No.

>
> If it has 64MB of video memory
>
>>> i still havent found the options

>>
>> They don't exist yet...

>
> Sure they do:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_home.html
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_gpu.html
>
> Shows the GPUs that support Vista. In some cases, you may need to enable
> the Aero feature in the Registry if Vista doesn't recognize the card or
> install a WDDM driver, or you can install nVidia drivers (which are still
> beta a bit flakey), but all the listed cards are capable and if they meet
> the criteria below, they should work.
>
> There are four main criteria for Aero in a video card:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx
>
> "Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics
> memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel."
>
 
C

ctellis156

#11
also when i use the 81 drivers the first ones for vista when my system
reloads it just stays a black screen with a little line of distorted colors
on the bottom

"ctellis156" wrote:

> awsome. i knew this card was good enough. thanks for confirming that for me.
> i do think my problem is a problem with the drivers. What driver version do
> you use for that card. I think this will be essential for me to know. Thanks
> I am using RC1 btw so the newest drivers are out of the question for me since
> its for rc2
>
> "Barbara" wrote:
>
> > I loaded Vista on a system with a GEForce FX 5700LE and aero worked fine.
> > Rating was 3.0.
> >
> >
> > "ctellis156" <ctellis156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:40097925-F217-49F1-B1B2-BF7EE75A5F3B@microsoft.com...
> > > is this possible? i still havent found the options

> >
> >
> >
 
C

ctellis156

#12
Barbara, can you please check yours system and tell me which drivers you are
using that enables you to have aero on that card. I cannot figure out which i
need. Thanks

"ctellis156" wrote:

> also when i use the 81 drivers the first ones for vista when my system
> reloads it just stays a black screen with a little line of distorted colors
> on the bottom
>
> "ctellis156" wrote:
>
> > awsome. i knew this card was good enough. thanks for confirming that for me.
> > i do think my problem is a problem with the drivers. What driver version do
> > you use for that card. I think this will be essential for me to know. Thanks
> > I am using RC1 btw so the newest drivers are out of the question for me since
> > its for rc2
> >
> > "Barbara" wrote:
> >
> > > I loaded Vista on a system with a GEForce FX 5700LE and aero worked fine.
> > > Rating was 3.0.
> > >
> > >
> > > "ctellis156" <ctellis156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:40097925-F217-49F1-B1B2-BF7EE75A5F3B@microsoft.com...
> > > > is this possible? i still havent found the options
> > >
> > >
> > >