Ahhh how to

Avo

Member
Turn flip 3d back on?

I tried this-

1) Click on the Windows logo at the lower left corner


2) Select Control Panel, and then select Personalization


3) Click on “Window Color and Appearance”


4) If you then see a row of 8 colors, you need to click on the last link, “Open classic appearance properties for more color options”


5) In the “Appearance Settings” window, under “Color Scheme,” select “Windows Aero”


6) Click on “OK”


7) Windows will then update the display properties of, well, everything.


8 ) If you’ve got a “Flip and Flip” icon in the Quick Launch area of the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, next to the Windows icon, click on it to see a neat sideways 3-D representation of all of your open windows. OR, hold down the “Start-Tab” keys in order (where Start is the key with the Windows logo) and then (still holding the Start key), hit the Tab key to 3-D’ly scroll through each of the open windows. Uber-cool.



But for some reason the the icon in the taskbar is only giving me the option to "Show desktop" not flip and flip which I did have before!
How do I get it back? I want to scroll through all my open windows without using 'start-tab' keys.



Thanks

 

My Computer

Brink

Staff member
mvp

My Computers

System One System Two

  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    3 x 27" Asus VE278Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2,
    256GB OCZ Vector,
    6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    Linksys EA9500 router,
    Arris SB8200 cable modem,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Lumia 1520 phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD

Avo

Member
Thanks for the reply and the link, very handy indeed.

However!, I didn't have to use it!!! After posting yesterday I turned the PC off, I have just turned it back on to to see if there were any replies to my question and hey presto the flip icon is in my taskbar! Guess it just needed a reboot to sort itself out after turning the aero theme back on.

Thanks again ;)
 

My Computer

Brink

Staff member
mvp
Avo,

I'm glad to hear that it sorted itself out for you. :geek:

Shawn
 

My Computers

System One System Two

  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    3 x 27" Asus VE278Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2,
    256GB OCZ Vector,
    6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    Linksys EA9500 router,
    Arris SB8200 cable modem,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Lumia 1520 phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
C

Carl

You are a genius, thanks a million I have been screwing with this for a
month, again tks. As Always Carl

"Avo" wrote:

>
> Turn flip 3d back on?
>
> I tried this-
>
> 1) Click on the Windows logo at the lower left corner
>
>
> 2) Select Control Panel, and then select Personalization
>
>
> 3) Click on “Window Color and Appearanceâ€
>
>
> 4) If you then see a row of 8 colors, you need to click on the last
> link, “Open classic appearance properties for more color optionsâ€
>
>
> 5) In the “Appearance Settings†window, under “Color Scheme,†select
> “Windows Aeroâ€
>
>
> 6) Click on “OKâ€
>
>
> 7) Windows will then update the display properties of, well,
> everything.
>
>
> 8 ) If you’ve got a “Flip and Flip†icon in the Quick Launch area of
> the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, next to the Windows icon,
> click on it to see a neat sideways 3-D representation of all of your
> open windows. OR, hold down the “Start-Tab†keys in order (where Start
> is the key with the Windows logo) and then (still holding the Start
> key), hit the Tab key to 3-D’ly scroll through each of the open windows.
> Uber-cool.
>
>
>
> But for some reason the the icon in the taskbar is only giving me the
> option to "Show desktop" not flip and flip which I did have before!
> How do I get it back? I want to scroll through all my open windows
> without using 'start-tab' keys.
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
>
> --
> Avo
>
 

My Computer

Top