• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Auslogics BoostSpeed

OOOOOOOOOOOMFGGGGGG ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO HELPFUL!!!! MY LAPTOP IS LIKE GOING NUTS WITH SPEED NOW!!! If it is possible to get it, I TOTALLY recommed you get it(it includes all those other Auslogics stuf(reg defrag)(disk dfrag) and more. So if you get this you can uninstall any other logistics stuff you have got

truthkid

Tactless SOB
Power User
Nothing substitutes for speed better than choosing the right hardware in the first place for your laptop / desktop.
Very true, also worth mentioning to the OP:

Nothing substitutes for maintaining my sanity better then turning off caps lock and not blatently advocating piracy. I don't see how it's going to result in better performance then just setting a schedule on (insert favorite defrag program), (insert favorite registry cleaner), and disabling startup entries that you don't need.

stormy13

Vista Guru
I don't see how it's going to result in better performance then just setting a schedule on (insert favorite defrag program), (insert favorite registry cleaner), and disabling startup entries that you don't need.
That's because it is more fun to use a one-click-fixit-"but I don't know what it is really doing kind of app", than to actually take a bit of time and learn how to do it yourself.

truthkid

Tactless SOB
Power User
I don't see how it's going to result in better performance then just setting a schedule on (insert favorite defrag program), (insert favorite registry cleaner), and disabling startup entries that you don't need.
That's because it is more fun to use a one-click-fixit-"but I don't know what it is really doing kind of app", than to actually take a bit of time and learn how to do it yourself.
Well I suppose someone has to put food on the software developers table. Better the casual user then me. I guess it's why I change my own oil as well. If there's a market for it, why not try to sell it.

I understnad all that your saying, but it does more than the usual defrag etc. etc. It has tweaks that i dont have to go into my own computer code to do! Much simpler.. though their are always those tweaks that i must go into my computer my-self. but it truly helps maintain the perfect level of control over my computer :) ** EDITED **

But anyway, it's a great program, and it does all the tweaks to FF + ie8 + opera.. :) So its alll good :D

Last edited by a moderator:

truthkid

Tactless SOB
Power User
What tweaks does it actually do? Their own product page is very vague about what it does, and I hardly believe it does 30 dollars worth of stuff that can't be done with the plethora of free software availible.

Everlong

To xor or not to xor
Vista Guru
What tweaks does it actually do? Their own product page is very vague about what it does, and I hardly believe it does 30 dollars worth of stuff that can't be done with the plethora of free software availible.
Just by reading the performance tutorials here gives you more than enough tweaks to do yourself.

I looked at it myself after I saw it advertised last time I downloaded Auslogics Defrag, and it really didn't seem worth the $30.

truthkid

Tactless SOB
Power User
Just by reading the performance tutorials here gives you more than enough tweaks to do yourself.

I looked at it myself after I saw it advertised last time I downloaded Auslogics Defrag, and it really didn't seem worth the $30.
That's my thinking, it's tweaks are limited by whatever it does out of the box + updates, whereas I can get new tweaks via the forums as quick as people can come up with them. Anytime an advertising strategy involves telling me how much time it'll save me, based purely on wild speculation, I execute an about face and quickly step off in the opposite direction.

I had this on both of my laptops. You can get other freeware to do some of these changes, but here it is all in one place. I have used it for several months without problems. Updated to v4.5.12.246 and it borked both computers (Vista32 and Vista64). I updated and ran checkup, tracks eraser, and optimizer all with the defaults. Only a few of my programs would run after that. I thought "no problem" I'll use system restore. No can do, even system restore won't run. It gives me a command line error, even in safe mode, so my only option is to re-install everything. I was able to stick a thumb drive in to get an explorer window (explorer wouldn't run from the laptop) so I could get my files of the things before I had to restore everything.

You know, I use freeware and keep my system clean and tidy. No malware, viruses, I am a trouble shooter, but I like to explore. In my 21 years of messing around with computers, the only times I have been forced to re-install everything is when I have tried these all inclusive programs (System Works, BoostSpeed, Fix It Utilities, System Mechanic). You would think I would learn eventually.

truthkid

Tactless SOB
Power User
I had this on both of my laptops. You can get other freeware to do some of these changes, but here it is all in one place. I have used it for several months without problems. Updated to v4.5.12.246 and it borked both computers (Vista32 and Vista64). I updated and ran checkup, tracks eraser, and optimizer all with the defaults. Only a few of my programs would run after that. I thought "no problem" I'll use system restore. No can do, even system restore won't run. It gives me a command line error, even in safe mode, so my only option is to re-install everything. I was able to stick a thumb drive in to get an explorer window (explorer wouldn't run from the laptop) so I could get my files of the things before I had to restore everything.

You know, I use freeware and keep my system clean and tidy. No malware, viruses, I am a trouble shooter, but I like to explore. In my 21 years of messing around with computers, the only times I have been forced to re-install everything is when I have tried these all inclusive programs (System Works, BoostSpeed, Fix It Utilities, System Mechanic). You would think I would learn eventually.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. This doomsday scenario is exactly what keeps me from buying into the all in one hype.

auslogics boostspeed is really good i have got the full version on my PCs at home xp home. vista home 32bit, vista premium 32bit. although the price is a bi steep if you search youtube there is something that can help you.

Only download version 4.1

SIW2

Vista Guru
Gold Member
There are various freeware alternatives.

Some of which can be useful.

I use some of the modules in GlaryUtilities - the Disk space analysis is particularly good. The context menu manager, undelete,
and so on are handy.

I would not recommend using regdefrag module on 7 .

Suggest not using any automatic one click optimizers - you never know what they might remove.

Agreed with SIW2, dont use the One-Click function's. But personally, i do use Aus. Boostspeed, a friend of mine gave me his key, so im all good. But i like the fact that boostspeed is just everything all together in 1 program, not multiple ones.

ok guys you want to know if its worth $30. it does the following.

1.one-button-fix = regey clean,disk defrag,windows errors,system protection.
2.disk clean
3.disk defrag.
4.duplicate file deleter
5.disk defrag
6.regy defrag
7.internet optomizer
8.memory(RAM) optomizer
9.track eraser
10.PC security
11.file shredder
12.disk wiper(free space)
13.tweak manager
14.service manager
15.uninstall manager
16.starup manager
17.system information
18.task manager
19.directX diognostics
20.performance monitor
21.service manager (windows)
22.computer manager.

also those who say the best speed is gained buy the best commponents. a half good PC with 4GB ram 3GHz prossesor and ect.. is about 4000NZD so nobody is gonna pay that for a family PC

That's awesome that it does all that for $30. However, it also borked the registries on my 2 laptops. It is easier to pay attention to what is being changed when you have to accomplish the items you listed individually.

Some like the all-in-ones, some don't. All i can say is that the only times I have had to completely re-install a system has been after using an all in one for awhile. I have done it 3 times now.

brummyfan

Brummy
Vista Guru
ok guys you want to know if its worth $30. it does the following.

1.one-button-fix = regey clean,disk defrag,windows errors,system protection.
2.disk clean
3.disk defrag.
4.duplicate file deleter
5.disk defrag
6.regy defrag
7.internet optomizer
8.memory(RAM) optomizer
9.track eraser
10.PC security
11.file shredder
12.disk wiper(free space)
13.tweak manager
14.service manager
15.uninstall manager
16.starup manager
17.system information
18.task manager
19.directX diognostics
20.performance monitor
21.service manager (windows)
22.computer manager.

also those who say the best speed is gained buy the best commponents. a half good PC with 4GB ram 3GHz prossesor and ect.. is about 4000NZD so nobody is gonna pay that for a family PC
Almost all of them can be achieved without spending a Penny and some of them one doesn't need at all.