• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

"avast! antivirus reports that Malware protection is turned off"

Hi All,
I received an error from my Windows Security that my walware protection is turned off so i clicked on the "turn on" button. The "downloading package" from avast! antivirus popped up and started downloading stuff but my malware protection still won't turn on
:(
Help :(

Last edited:

My Computer

serrzh

Same problem here. I had had OneCare on Vista Business, and suddently the Security Center started reporting OneCare didn't report to it in correct format. I removed OneCare and installed Avast. It didn't help though. Instead of the incorrect format message I began receiving Avast antivirus is turned off. Clicking the Turn On button forced Avas to update itself but didn't change the message.

Amazingly, I installed Windows 7 on the same computer as a double boot soon after the problem struck my Vista, and the same problem showed on the Windows 7 after a couple of hours of using it. But antivirus was Panda Beta this time.

I have too more Vista Business computes on my home network, and they showed no sign of such problem.

My Computer

dinesh

Vista Expert
Vista Guru
Go to Programs and Features and double click avast, click on Repair.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Compaq
    CPU
    intel core 2 duo T 5550 @ 1.83 MHz
    Motherboard
    intel 965 chipset family
    Memory
    2 GB DDR 2 SD RAM @ 667 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    On board upto 358 MB RAM
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15"
    Hard Drives
    160 GB WDC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)