best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me toselect files and folders to backup

L

Lisa Hetherington

I basically have 10 GB of music, 5 GB of pictures and 1 GB of documents
plus a couple of folders on my Desktop (containing downloads) that I
would like to be able to backup. I have a restore CD to restore to
factory settings...it's my data I'm worried about.

Vista doesn't let me select the files and folders I want.

I don't want to spend a lot of $$ but I do want easy backup and restore.

What are my best options?

....Lisa
 

My Computer

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Ultimate that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore

Consider investing in a good external drive.

Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148233

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Lisa Hetherington" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
I basically have 10 GB of music, 5 GB of pictures and 1 GB of documents
plus a couple of folders on my Desktop (containing downloads) that I
would like to be able to backup. I have a restore CD to restore to
factory settings...it's my data I'm worried about.

Vista doesn't let me select the files and folders I want.

I don't want to spend a lot of $$ but I do want easy backup and restore.

What are my best options?

....Lisa
 

My Computer

L

Lisa Hetherington

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Premium that will allow meto select files and folders to backup and restore

I have an external HD plugged into my XP desktop but Vista won`t backup
to the external HD plugged into an XP machine....I don`t want to be
switching the external HD between laptop desktop all the time...so I`m
going to use DVD`s on laptop...but want good backup software for it.

....Lisa

....Lisa XP Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

> Consider investing in a good external drive.
>
> Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148233
>
 

My Computer

K

Kerry Brown

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Premium that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore

I've used Acronis True Image and Novabackup with good results.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

http://www.novastor.com/pcbackup/backup/n_backup.html

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca


"Lisa Hetherington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>I have an external HD plugged into my XP desktop but Vista won`t backup to
>the external HD plugged into an XP machine....I don`t want to be switching
>the external HD between laptop desktop all the time...so I`m going to use
>DVD`s on laptop...but want good backup software for it.
>
> ...Lisa
>
> ...Lisa XP Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

>> Consider investing in a good external drive.
>>
>> Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148233
>>
 

My Computer

H

hamiltoncruiser

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Premium that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore

Thanks Ken for the suggestions.

....Lisa

On Oct 20, 2:04 pm, "Kerry Brown" <[email protected]*a*m>
wrote:

> I've used Acronis True Image and Novabackup with good results.
>
> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/
>
> http://www.novastor.com/pcbackup/backup/n_backup.html
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/Userhttp://www.vistahelp.ca
>
> "Lisa Hetherington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>

> >I have an external HD plugged into my XP desktop but Vista won`t backup to
> >the external HD plugged into an XP machine....I don`t want to be switching
> >the external HD between laptop desktop all the time...so I`m going to use
> >DVD`s on laptop...but want good backup software for it.
>

> > ...Lisa
>

> > ...Lisa XP Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

> >> Consider investing in a good external drive.
>
 

My Computer

I

Iain

My Computer

K

Kerry Brown

Re: best backup software for Vista Home Premium that will allow me to select files and folders to backup and restore

Good point. I didn't know that. I assume you can reinstall Vista, install
Novabackup, then restore from there.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca


"Iain" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Kerry Brown wrote:

>> I've used Acronis True Image and Novabackup with good results.
>>
>> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/
>>
>> http://www.novastor.com/pcbackup/backup/n_backup.html
>>
>
> Be aware of the following of Novastore:
> " NovaBACKUP does not currently support Disaster Recovery for Windows
> Vista. "
>
 

My Computer

J

JohnnyBoy

Hey i think i found what are you looking for they don't have any
expensive prices and they offer 3gb of free online back storage and also
a free software , they are called Dmailer
http://www.dmailer.com/dmailer-backup.html , i heard a lot of people
saying this is good i also downloaded and i will test it as soon as
possible , hope it will do the trick for you.

Cheers


--
JohnnyBoy
------------------------------------------------------------------------
JohnnyBoy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222374.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-performance/836914.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
 

My Computer

S

safety123

On Thu, 20 May 2010 03:21:16 -0500, JohnnyBoy
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hey i think i found what are you looking for they don't have any
>expensive prices and they offer 3gb of free online back storage and also
>a free software , they are called Dmailer
>http://www.dmailer.com/dmailer-backup.html ,
I'm using Mozy. It also gives you 2 gigs free.

Do a google search *online backup & reviews*. I found it interesting
~*~*~*Amy mailto:[email protected]~*~*~
Save a Tree, Save our Planet, Recycle, Think Organic

________________________________
Thought of the day:
Scratch and Sniff -> ²²²²²²²²²...Smells like glass, eh?
 

My Computer

Top