• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bluescreen and some problems

antonisg1

I installed Vista Ultimate x64 2 days ago and I'm getting frequent bluescreens with a message that says something like: "a program attempted to write on read-only memory" and "try to turn cacheing or shadowing off"... Anyone has an idea on this? I'm also getting frequent crashes on Firefox 3 and PES 2009. I just get a message that they stopped working. Are these connected in any way?
Thanks..

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 Ghz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5K-S
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17"
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 5000
Hi. . .

There s/b mini kernel memory dump files left behind by the BSODs. If you gather them and some system info, I will gladly process the dumps to see what clues they hold.

The dumps s/b in \windows\munidump and have names similar to Mini110508-01.dmp - but you will need to copy them out to your documents folder before zipping them. Also, please run the following system reports as I will need system & driver information while going through the dump files:

Perfmon (Vista system health report):
START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe above | select Run as Administrator | the cmd/DOS screen will appear - type the following:

perfmon /report

It will take 60 seconds to run and the output will appear in an IE7 browser. Please save as an HTM or HTML file - you'll see the default file extension when you go to save it (click on Page - top-right IE7 screen, save as, save file).

msinfo32
START | type msinfo32 & hit enter - save it as an NFO file (default)

Driverquery
Bring up an elevated command/"DOS" prompt -
START | type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe above - under Programs | select Run as admin - copy/paste the two commands = 1 at a time into the DOS screen (to paste into DOS screen, right-click at top of DOS screen, select Edit, select paste - then hit enter if need be):

Code:
[B]driverquery /v  >  %temp%\drivers1.txt [/B]
Code:
[B]driverquery /si  >>  %temp%\drivers1.txt & start notepad %temp%\drivers1.txt [/B]
These 2 must be executed from the elevated admin cmd/DOS prompt as I described. When you paste the first in & hit enter, it may appear to hang momentarily - it is just gathereing information. When the 1st completes, enter the 2nd immediately. When it finishes, a notepad will appear withe the output of the 2 commands. Save it as a text file.

Zip up the perfmon HTM/L, minidumps, msinfo32 NFO file and the driver query text file and attach to your next post.

Any ? - please let me know.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP dv7-1020us
    CPU
    Intel P7350 Core2 Duo @2GHz
    Memory
    4096mb DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
    Sound Card
    IDT
    Hard Drives
    Fujitsu 320gb SATA HDD 5400RPM
    Mouse
    Logitech USB
    Internet Speed
    Intel 5100

antonisg1

thanks for your reply man, but after some more errors and crashes I ran the Memory Diagnostics Tool and found memory problems as well so I'll be sending the machine back to the manufacturer to fix this properly.

Thanks again :)

Antonis

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 Ghz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5K-S
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17"
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 5000
I wish you the best of luck w/ your new system.

jcgriff2

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP dv7-1020us
    CPU
    Intel P7350 Core2 Duo @2GHz
    Memory
    4096mb DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
    Sound Card
    IDT
    Hard Drives
    Fujitsu 320gb SATA HDD 5400RPM
    Mouse
    Logitech USB
    Internet Speed
    Intel 5100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)