• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cannot cancel printer document

P

Paddy

#1
I sent a document to the printer. For some reason, it isn't printing.

So, I've deleted the document from the Printer window.

Or, rather, I've attempted to.

* Right-click; Cancel
* Printer -> Cancel All Documents
* Control Panel -> Printers -> Run as administrator -> Cancel All Documents
* Reboot the computer
* Turn the printer off and on again

Yet, still, there's the document, with status "Deleting - Printing".

And that means that nothing else will print, because it's sitting there
blocking the queue.

How can I get Vista to delete that document from the print queue?

OS: Vista Home Premium
 

My Computer

M

Malke

#2
Paddy wrote:

> I sent a document to the printer. For some reason, it isn't printing.
>
> So, I've deleted the document from the Printer window.
>
> Or, rather, I've attempted to.
>
> * Right-click; Cancel
> * Printer -> Cancel All Documents
> * Control Panel -> Printers -> Run as administrator -> Cancel All
> Documents * Reboot the computer
> * Turn the printer off and on again
>
> Yet, still, there's the document, with status "Deleting - Printing".
>
> And that means that nothing else will print, because it's sitting there
> blocking the queue.
>
> How can I get Vista to delete that document from the print queue?
>
> OS: Vista Home Premium
Start Orb>Search box>type: cmd

When cmd appears in Results above, right-click it and choose "run as
Administrator". When the elevated command prompt box appears, type:

net stop spooler [enter]

Leave the command prompt up and go pull the plug on the printer. Go have a
cup of tea or something calming. Come back. Plug the printer back in and go
to the command prompt and type:

net start spooler [enter]

Hopefully this will take care of it.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
 

My Computer

P

Paddy

#3
> Start Orb>Search box>type: cmd

What is Orb?

In the meantime, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I restarted in
Safe Mode, deleted the contents of the Temp directory (I have no idea if that
made any difference), and rebooted normally.

Perhaps it's that "Go have a cup of tea or something calming" that did it!

Thanks for your reply.
 

My Computer

H

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

#4
Starting in Windows 95 and continuing through Windows XP, the "Start" button
was a rectangular button on the far left of the taskbar labeled "Start". In
Windows Vista, this button has been replaced with a circular icon featuring
the Windows logo. It is still the Start button, but, since it no longer
contains the word "Start" and is circular instead of rectangular, it is
often referred to as the start "Orb".

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@xxxxxx
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Paddy" <Paddy@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:5AAF310F-1D53-45AF-9312-DECE4E1261F7@xxxxxx

> > Start Orb>Search box>type: cmd
>
> What is Orb?
>
> In the meantime, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I restarted in
> Safe Mode, deleted the contents of the Temp directory (I have no idea if
that

> made any difference), and rebooted normally.
>
> Perhaps it's that "Go have a cup of tea or something calming" that did it!
>
> Thanks for your reply.
 

My Computer

C

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

#5
It's the Start button that's at the bottom left of the screen.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Paddy" <Paddy@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:5AAF310F-1D53-45AF-9312-DECE4E1261F7@xxxxxx

>> Start Orb>Search box>type: cmd
>
> What is Orb?
>
> In the meantime, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I restarted in
> Safe Mode, deleted the contents of the Temp directory (I have no idea if
> that
> made any difference), and rebooted normally.
>
> Perhaps it's that "Go have a cup of tea or something calming" that did it!
>
> Thanks for your reply.
 

My Computer

S

Sinner

#7
"Paddy" <Paddy@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:8C35EFA0-F0AC-4F22-805C-11BE993602EC@xxxxxx

> Thanks for telling what "orb" meant. It's the first time I've heard the
> Start
> button called that.
He spent too much time watching "The Adventures of Briso County Jr."
 

My Computer

A

Alan Morris [MSFT]

#8
No many people can make that claim. Bruce Campbell yippee.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Sinner" <sinner@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:L077k.9810$PZ6.6749@xxxxxx

>
> "Paddy" <Paddy@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:8C35EFA0-F0AC-4F22-805C-11BE993602EC@xxxxxx

>> Thanks for telling what "orb" meant. It's the first time I've heard the
>> Start
>> button called that.
>
> He spent too much time watching "The Adventures of Briso County Jr."
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)