• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

cannot create the dvd error message

K

kingerswa

#1
have been trying to burn some videos to dvd using windows dvd maker. after i
click burn it shows it encoding and creating the disk. it then gets to 99%
opens the dvd slot and says it cannot create the dvd 'because an error
occurred'. have checked the device manager and it states it is working. also
changed the burn speed to slow as suggested in the trouble shoot screen. any
other ideas? am running vista on a Gateway gm5424. Thanks
 
T

teberry

#2
I have received the same error message on an HP PavilionElite m9150f. Let me
know if you find an answer.

"kingerswa" wrote:

> have been trying to burn some videos to dvd using windows dvd maker. after i
> click burn it shows it encoding and creating the disk. it then gets to 99%
> opens the dvd slot and says it cannot create the dvd 'because an error
> occurred'. have checked the device manager and it states it is working. also
> changed the burn speed to slow as suggested in the trouble shoot screen. any
> other ideas? am running vista on a Gateway gm5424. Thanks
 
#3
I am having the same exact problem. I can't burn CD's either. My optical drive is a Mat****a UJ-850S, and I think Panosonic makes it, and I've been trying to connect with Panosonic's service department for help.
 
F

frustrated dad

#4
I have the same problem on an HP m5190... 14 burn attempts only 2 DVDs for
my sons grade 1 class. Tried many diferent selectionsunder options and can
no longer burn copies...

"Lokey28" wrote:

>
> I am having the same exact problem. I can't burn CD's either. My
> optical drive is a Mat****a UJ-850S, and I think Panosonic makes it, and
> I've been trying to connect with Panosonic's service department for
> help.
>
>
> --
> Lokey28
>
 
T

Timindetroit

#5
Has anyone found a solution that works? I have the exact same problem with an
E Machines PC.

"kingerswa" wrote:

> have been trying to burn some videos to dvd using windows dvd maker. after i
> click burn it shows it encoding and creating the disk. it then gets to 99%
> opens the dvd slot and says it cannot create the dvd 'because an error
> occurred'. have checked the device manager and it states it is working. also
> changed the burn speed to slow as suggested in the trouble shoot screen. any
> other ideas? am running vista on a Gateway gm5424. Thanks
 
F

frustrated dad

#6
Turns out my dvd burner, USB controller and motherboard needed to be
repaired. All under warranty. thankfully. Sorry bout the late reply...

"Timindetroit" wrote:

> Has anyone found a solution that works? I have the exact same problem with an
> E Machines PC.
>
> "kingerswa" wrote:
>

> > have been trying to burn some videos to dvd using windows dvd maker. after i
> > click burn it shows it encoding and creating the disk. it then gets to 99%
> > opens the dvd slot and says it cannot create the dvd 'because an error
> > occurred'. have checked the device manager and it states it is working. also
> > changed the burn speed to slow as suggested in the trouble shoot screen. any
> > other ideas? am running vista on a Gateway gm5424. Thanks