Can't change permissions

mkr10001

Well basically, i found some software which can sort your videos and rename them properly according to imdb blah blah blah not important, and there's a feature that will sort the files into their own folders. i.e make a new folder named after the file and move the file in to it.

but it stopped working, and i've got it into my head that it's to do with permissions. i dont have modify rights of the folder that the videos are stored in and when i try to change it to let me modify it says access denied. but some of the folders inside that folder have modify allowed and others don't. this is on an external drive, but i can sort the files into folders when the files are on my laptop.

can anyone help?

oh and ive tried running the prpgram as admin

My Computer

Primal

Well basically, i found some software which can sort your videos and rename them properly according to imdb blah blah blah not important, and there's a feature that will sort the files into their own folders. i.e make a new folder named after the file and move the file in to it.

but it stopped working, and i've got it into my head that it's to do with permissions. i dont have modify rights of the folder that the videos are stored in and when i try to change it to let me modify it says access denied. but some of the folders inside that folder have modify allowed and others don't. this is on an external drive, but i can sort the files into folders when the files are on my laptop.

can anyone help?

oh and ive tried running the prpgram as admin
This may help. I am not an expert so please make a back up first
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67717-take-ownership-file.htmlhttp://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Regards

Primal

My Computer

Primal

I am not sure if i posted the right link or if it was edited. I had a link to a ***? Sorry if that was wrong

mkr10001 i tried to pm you but do not see the option

My Computer