Can't install some games/programs

Kossuranta

About every second install is success, but I can't install some programs/games at all no matter how many times I try. When I start setup InstallShield Wizard comes up, but after it's done happens nothing last thing what InstallShield does is "Preparing to Install...", but it doesn't finish just shutsdown.

I have tried to find out help, but without results...

Games what I have tried to install are Call of Juarez and Age of Empires III. (I have found many players using vista with these games and found player who go aoe3 working with exactly same windows he had other problem)

I made up that the problem is only with games/programs what are not made for vista, but should still work with patch or something after install...

My Computer

M

Mark

Kossuranta, have you tried running as administrator? right-click on the
setup.exe (don't use the autorun when you insert the dvd) and select "run as
administrator"

Hope that helps!
Mark

"Kossuranta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>
> About every second install is success, but I can't install some
> programs/games at all no matter how many times I try. When I start setup
> InstallShield Wizard comes up, but after it's done happens nothing last
> thing what InstallShield does is "Preparing to Install...", but it
> doesn't finish just shutsdown.
>
> I have tried to find out help, but without results...
>
> Games what I have tried to install are Call of Juarez and Age of
> Empires III. (I have found many players using vista with these games and
> found player who go aoe3 working with exactly same windows he had other
> problem)
>
> I made up that the problem is only with games/programs what are not
> made for vista, but should still work with patch or something after
> install...
>
>
> --
> Kossuranta

My Computer

Sciz

Kossuranta, my first suggestion is have you looked at forums for those particular game companies. Like whoever makes AOE 3 or Call of Juarez. Check out those forums first to see if there something on there about other vista users having the same problem. It could be vista related but that would be your best bet to look at first. If you come up with nothing then you can come back here and we can try and help diagnose your issue.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD 6000+ X2
    Motherboard
    Asus M2N32-SLi Premium Vista
    Memory
    4 gig DDR2 (2x2gig)
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GeForce 8800gtx
    Sound Card
    Creative Fatality X-fi Xtreme Gamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 19" Gateway FPD1975W
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 500gig 7200RPM
    External: Seagate Free Agent Pro 500gig 7200RPM
    PSU
    Thermaltake 850watt
    Case
    Antec 900
    Mouse
    Logitech MX518
    Keyboard
    Saitek Eclipse Gaming Keyboard

Kossuranta

Kossuranta, my first suggestion is have you looked at forums for those particular game companies. Like whoever makes AOE 3 or Call of Juarez. Check out those forums first to see if there something on there about other vista users having the same problem. It could be vista related but that would be your best bet to look at first. If you come up with nothing then you can come back here and we can try and help diagnose your issue.
I can tell you that I tried to find similiar problem for sometime before coming here without any result...

My Computer

georgeoneill

Hi, I had the same problem as Kossuranta. I had to get my computer wiped a few months ago and had vista reinstalled. When I got it back I tried to reinstall some of the stuff that I had had installed on it beforehand but now It does not work. It is the install wizard that crashes when initially loading. It does not happen with every program but most older ones. I have checked online before and this is the first time I have seen someone with the same problem as me.
Some of the programmes have no known problems with vista compatibility
I have tried installing changing the admin priveledges and by changing compatibility mode but with no luck
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
George

My Computer