• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Closing programs

T

Tyrone

#1
With windows xp you only needed to ctrl-alt-del to view running programs and
close them, before installing new software. How do you close programs for xp?
--
Tyrone
 

Brink

Staff member
mvp
#2
#3
That doesnt neccessarily show all running programs, unless you are also
refering to 'running processes'
Simply close those that show in your task bar, generally by rt clicking on
them to bring up the context menu

"Tyrone" <Tyrone@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:181B7E11-C66B-4DA3-BFE3-A352FBF2F4AB@xxxxxx

> With windows xp you only needed to ctrl-alt-del to view running programs
> and
> close them, before installing new software. How do you close programs for
> xp?
> --
> Tyrone
 
T

Tyrone

#4
Yes, I meant "XP", and thanks!, very much!!
--
Tyrone


"Brink" wrote:

>
> Tyrone;709482 Wrote:

> > With windows xp you only needed to ctrl-alt-del to view running programs
> > and
> > close them, before installing new software. How do you close programs
> > for xp?
> > --
> > Tyrone
>
> Hi Tyrone,
>
> Did you mean in Vista?
>
> If so, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager to close
> non-responding programs. You can see more on this in this tutorial if
> needed.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/121580-task-manager-open-close-applications-processes.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>
>
> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
> *Please post feedback to help others.*
>
 
T

Tyrone

#5
Thanks, DL!!
--
Tyrone


"DL" wrote:

> That doesnt neccessarily show all running programs, unless you are also
> refering to 'running processes'
> Simply close those that show in your task bar, generally by rt clicking on
> them to bring up the context menu
>
> "Tyrone" <Tyrone@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:181B7E11-C66B-4DA3-BFE3-A352FBF2F4AB@xxxxxx

> > With windows xp you only needed to ctrl-alt-del to view running programs
> > and
> > close them, before installing new software. How do you close programs for
> > xp?
> > --
> > Tyrone
>
>
>
 

Brink

Staff member
mvp
#6
Yes, I meant "XP", and thanks!, very much!!
--
Tyrone


"Brink" wrote:
>
> Tyrone;709482 Wrote:
>
> Hi Tyrone,
>
> Did you mean in Vista?
>
> If so, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager to close
> non-responding programs. You can see more on this in this tutorial if
> needed.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/121580-task-manager-open-close-applications-processes.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>
>
> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
> *Please post feedback to help others.*
>
Your welcome Tyrone. Did these posts help fix your problem?

Shawn