Control Panel, Personalize and System Properties does not open...

X

xphilip

Can somebody help me?

I have Windows Vista Ultimate and my Control Panel, Personalize and System
Properties does not open, it cant' print too!!

I tried a lot of things but none of them could make anything stable.

Please, if someone know about this problem, answer....

Thanks in advance.
 

My Computer

D

Dana Cline

Purchased machine, or did you install Vista yourself? If the former, which
manufacturer? Did you uninstall all the crapware? What printer? Drivers from
Vista or the printer's manufacturer? Can _anything_ print?

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"xphilip" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Can somebody help me?
>
> I have Windows Vista Ultimate and my Control Panel, Personalize and System
> Properties does not open, it cant' print too!!
>
> I tried a lot of things but none of them could make anything stable.
>
> Please, if someone know about this problem, answer....
>
> Thanks in advance.
 

My Computer

C

Clearwire Mail

"Dana Cline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Purchased machine, or did you install Vista yourself? If the former, which
> manufacturer? Did you uninstall all the crapware? What printer? Drivers
> from Vista or the printer's manufacturer? Can _anything_ print?
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>


I have the EXACT, same problem and it's very frustrating. My system is a
3.5 mo. old Dell XPS 410 that came loaded w/ Vista Home Premium. All
crapware is uninstalled and very few other apps are installed (I have MS
Office 2003 and nothing else that isn't MS certified). I get this problem
occasionally and I can get the system back to full ops after a warm restart,
sometimes only after a cold power boot. The installed Canon printer has
nothing to do with the problem.
The frustrating thing is that I can review my Events Viewer and see no
difference in "warnings," "errors," and "information" between a good boot
and a bad one! The only thing different is that the Control Panel, desktop
personalization, a few MS games, and Aero desktop are nuked. Perhaps some
other things are bad too (I can't print either when this happens).
This is obviously a real problem out there since several people have written
about it but there are NO answers. Additionally, this only happened after
I've had my system for about 7 weeks and after a series of Microsoft
critical updates.
Dana, since you're an MS pro, pass this around. It's for real! Thanks.
 

My Computer

X

xphilip

Re: Control Panel, Personalize and System Properties does not open

My machine is new and purchased. I haven't talk with my manufacturer but i am
looking foward. I formated my computer when that happened for the first time,
but now it the same, so i can't do nothing more.

Thank's for the replies!!
 

My Computer

D

Dana Cline

That's just really weird and completely outside my experience. About the
only thing I can think of is a hardware issue - find a good memory
diagnostic and try it... Check inside the PC to make sure all the chips and
boards are firmly seated. Otherwise nag the manufacturer until the either
fix or replace the system...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Clearwire Mail" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Dana Cline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Purchased machine, or did you install Vista yourself? If the former,
>> which manufacturer? Did you uninstall all the crapware? What printer?
>> Drivers from Vista or the printer's manufacturer? Can _anything_ print?
>>
>> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>>

>
> I have the EXACT, same problem and it's very frustrating. My system is a
> 3.5 mo. old Dell XPS 410 that came loaded w/ Vista Home Premium. All
> crapware is uninstalled and very few other apps are installed (I have MS
> Office 2003 and nothing else that isn't MS certified). I get this problem
> occasionally and I can get the system back to full ops after a warm
> restart, sometimes only after a cold power boot. The installed Canon
> printer has nothing to do with the problem.
> The frustrating thing is that I can review my Events Viewer and see no
> difference in "warnings," "errors," and "information" between a good boot
> and a bad one! The only thing different is that the Control Panel,
> desktop personalization, a few MS games, and Aero desktop are nuked.
> Perhaps some other things are bad too (I can't print either when this
> happens).
> This is obviously a real problem out there since several people have
> written about it but there are NO answers. Additionally, this only
> happened after I've had my system for about 7 weeks and after a series of
> Microsoft critical updates.
> Dana, since you're an MS pro, pass this around. It's for real! Thanks.
 

My Computer

L

LoneStar

Re: Control Panel, Personalize and System Properties does not open

"xphilip" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My machine is new and purchased. I haven't talk with my manufacturer but i
> am
> looking foward. I formated my computer when that happened for the first
> time,
> but now it the same, so i can't do nothing more.
>
> Thank's for the replies!!


Don't go yet, dude!

Do you have a Dell, and if so, what model? And........ does this happen to
you EVERY time you boot up, or just sometimes?

I'm beginning to think an older MS update is nuking us. After you
reinstalled Vista, I'll bet you got all the most recent updates and
continued having this freaky problem.

Stay tuned.....

EW
 

My Computer

L

LoneStar

"Dana Cline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> That's just really weird and completely outside my experience. About the
> only thing I can think of is a hardware issue - find a good memory
> diagnostic and try it... Check inside the PC to make sure all the chips
> and boards are firmly seated. Otherwise nag the manufacturer until the
> either fix or replace the system...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP



It's weird that the Clearwire person has the same problem as I do, as does
xphilip, and several others that posted similar probs opening the Control
Panel, etc. I really don't think this is a solitary issue. FYI, I think
I've worn out my memory diagnostic programs, and they all say I'm fine.
Thank you anyway.
 

My Computer

C

Clearwire Mail

"Dana Cline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> That's just really weird and completely outside my experience. About the
> only thing I can think of is a hardware issue - find a good memory
> diagnostic and try it... Check inside the PC to make sure all the chips
> and boards are firmly seated. Otherwise nag the manufacturer until the
> either fix or replace the system...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP


Will do again as you say, but I doubt it's memory or other hardware. Too
many others have this situation, but I'll keep at it. Believe it or not,
after I turned ON my Google pop-up blocker AND turned on my GUI boot back to
the default setting (boot.ini tab) the problem went away, so far anyway. No
worries.
 

My Computer

G

Go Stu

Re: Control Panel, Personalize and System Properties does not open

I am havuing exactly same problem. Afraid I don't know a GUI boot means. Need
some step by step.


"Clearwire Mail" wrote:

>
> "Dana Cline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > That's just really weird and completely outside my experience. About the
> > only thing I can think of is a hardware issue - find a good memory
> > diagnostic and try it... Check inside the PC to make sure all the chips
> > and boards are firmly seated. Otherwise nag the manufacturer until the
> > either fix or replace the system...
> >
> > Dana Cline - MCE MVP

>
> Will do again as you say, but I doubt it's memory or other hardware. Too
> many others have this situation, but I'll keep at it. Believe it or not,
> after I turned ON my Google pop-up blocker AND turned on my GUI boot back to
> the default setting (boot.ini tab) the problem went away, so far anyway. No
> worries.
>
 

My Computer

D

Dana Cline

You say you reset your GUI boot to fix it...what had you changed your GUI
boot to? Where? I seem to remember a similar setting in XP from MSCONFIG but
I never changed it.

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Clearwire Mail" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Dana Cline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> That's just really weird and completely outside my experience. About the
>> only thing I can think of is a hardware issue - find a good memory
>> diagnostic and try it... Check inside the PC to make sure all the chips
>> and boards are firmly seated. Otherwise nag the manufacturer until the
>> either fix or replace the system...
>>
>> Dana Cline - MCE MVP

>
> Will do again as you say, but I doubt it's memory or other hardware. Too
> many others have this situation, but I'll keep at it. Believe it or not,
> after I turned ON my Google pop-up blocker AND turned on my GUI boot back
> to the default setting (boot.ini tab) the problem went away, so far
> anyway. No worries.
 

My Computer

C

Clearwire Mail

"Dana Cline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> You say you reset your GUI boot to fix it...what had you changed your GUI
> boot to? Where? I seem to remember a similar setting in XP from MSCONFIG
> but I never changed it.
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>


In MSCONFIG/boot.ini tab, there is a setting for allowing GUI boot.
Checking or unchecking this button allows for a nice, Vista-type boot screen
prior to the login, or it allows for the default "green bar" scroll. I had
set it to the Vista boot scenario, then went back to the default, and my
Control Panel, etc., problems "seem" to have gone away.

HOWEVER, I hardly believe this is the fix. Since my problem (and those of
others) are intermittent, it may recur. But so far, so good. maybe that
WAS the fix!!

In any case, I see that there is ANOTHER person who posted on this thread
(GoStu) with the problem. Just think of the many others out there who have
it and don't report it! Bottom line, although my problem seems to have gone
away for now, I still think it will come back to bite me. Will keep y'all
posted!
 

My Computer

L

LoneStar

Re: Control Panel, Personalize and System Properties does not open

"Go Stu" <Go [email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I am havuing exactly same problem. Afraid I don't know a GUI boot means.
>Need
> some step by step.
>


Welcome to the club!!

Regarding the GUI boot, if you see a small green bar running left to right
during the beginning of your Vista booting process, then you are OK.
However, if you see a kind of cloudy light-show screen (blue, green....)
then you are in the other mode. Check it out.

By the way, what are the symptoms of your problem, other than the Control
Panel not opening? Does it happen every day? Tell us more.

EW
 

My Computer

L

logicpro

I have the exact same problem when i click on my control panel its start
loading then nothing happen same with personalize defaults programe the
rest seam to work fine exept for my xbox when it happen i cant use the
media center extender option

sorry for my bad english


--
logicpro
------------------------------------------------------------------------
logicpro's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26864
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=763231

http://forums.techarena.in
 

My Computer

L

LoneStar

"logicpro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> I have the exact same problem when i click on my control panel its start
> loading then nothing happen same with personalize defaults programe the
> rest seam to work fine exept for my xbox when it happen i cant use the
> media center extender option
>
> sorry for my bad english
>


It may be bad to say, but I'm relieved that others have this problem too!
So.... how do you resolve it so you can eventually get your Control Panel,
etc., back? I normally reboot.

EW
 

My Computer

L

LoneStar

Thanks for the link. I'm going to write Dell and give them the link too.
They should work this ASAP. Sounds like lots of people are having this
problem, but the MS MVPs won't touch it. Grunt.

EW

"logicpro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> http://forums.microsoft.com/Communities/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1250225&SiteID=6
>
>
> --
> logicpro
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> logicpro's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26864
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=763231
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
 

My Computer

druidofdark

New Member
Have the same problem, Malware or some application. I scanned for malware, so that's out.
Uninstalled crap. Tried licensing, error 0xd0000022.
System properties won't show up, when i try to validate.
I really don't want to reboot, have nowhere to store all of it.
I've given up hope, but if you want to add on some thoughts. I'd appreciate it.
Control panel and that stuff is not appearing by the way.
 

My Computer

E

Elkheights

Hi,

Same problem here. Started after I tried to install .Net framework 3.5
service pack 1, which downloaded, but failed to install. Can not open
Themes, Screensaver, Display settings or change desktop icons in Personalize
and Appearance. DPI settings will not open. Just flashes and disappears.
Windows wants me to run a Legacy CPL, but when I click continue it just runs
and runs. Also lost all of my update history in Windows Update.

Hope some one can shed some light on this problem

Carol


"druidofdark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Have the same problem, Malware or some application. I scanned for
malware, so that's out.
Uninstalled crap. Tried licensing, error 0xd0000022.
System properties won't show up, when i try to validate.
I really don't want to reboot, have nowhere to store all of it.
I've given up hope, but if you want to add on some thoughts. I'd
appreciate it.
Control panel and that stuff is not appearing by the way.


--
druidofdark
 

My Computer

XxNIGHTHALKxX

New Member
dude i have the same problem. when ever i try to open personalization it pops up for a fraction of a second (just barely enough time 4 me 2 notice it) and then it disapears. i have tried my norton to c if it is a virus, it came up with 98 tracking cookies, 2 of something called a backyard bug, and a fully loaded trojan. after i took care of these it still did not work. so i tried system restore, this has helped me fix dozens of others problems with my computer b4, and it wont pop up eaither. it says its turned off and the only way to turn it back on is to go into personalization. i also deleted my recycle bin :( and that had a bunch of important things in it. to get my recycle bin back i have to go to personalization. grrrrrrr:sa: some1 plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

My Computer

X

xrobairx

Re: Control Panel, Personalize and System Properties does not open

i have the same problem...any luck?

"XxNIGHTHALKxX" wrote:

>
> dude i have the same problem. when ever i try to open personalization it
> pops up for a fraction of a second (just barely enough time 4 me 2
> notice it) and then it disapears. i have tried my norton to c if it is a
> virus, it came up with 98 tracking cookies, 2 of something called a
> backyard bug, and a fully loaded trojan. after i took care of these it
> still did not work. so i tried system restore, this has helped me fix
> dozens of others problems with my computer b4, and it wont pop up
> eaither. it says its turned off and the only way to turn it back on is
> to go into personalization. i also deleted my recycle bin :( and
> that had a bunch of important things in it. to get my recycle bin back i
> have to go to personalization. grrrrrrr:sa: some1 plz help
> me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
> --
> XxNIGHTHALKxX
> .
>
 

My Computer

Top