• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Deleting Boot Menu

dkizzy

Hi, I had vista 64 on the same hd with xp and everything was working fine. I had my raptor drive arrive finally so I wanted to put vista on there. When I deleted the partition on my drive that went fine but I could not get rid of the bootmenu from this website:
Installing and uninstalling Windows Vista for dual-boot with XP - istartedsomething

It gave me an error about not finding win32.

So I continued by trying to install vista on the raptor drive and it fails with the install after all the files are copied. It brings up an error at that boot menu.

Both drives come up listed as primary. Would that be causing this issue for me? They are both SATA drives. Weird enough the raptor drive disappears from the bios until I replug it in. So I'm just hoping to finish the install so that doesn't happen again. Should I just unplug my seagate drive that has xp on it while I install vista?

Thanks

My Computer

dkizzy

I think it might be the hard drive. I downloaded the vistabootpro and ran it in xp to fix the boot menu thing. The problem now is I can't get it to partition the drive. The xp formatter didn't work. I tried partitionmagic and it gave me an error 4 bad argument complaint. How do I deal with this?

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)