• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Does Windows Live Mail support yEnc?

S

Stan Shankman

#1
Does Windows Live Mail support yEnc?

Greetings all,
When I used Outlook express, I had to run yProxy in order to make it
compatible with yEnc posts.

Do I need to use yProxy with Windows Live Mail?

Thanks all,

- Stan
 

My Computer

C

Colin Brown WLMVP

#2
No it doesn't so yes, you will have to run a proxy tool infront of WLM in
order to support YENC.
Funnily enough, I was looking for just such a tool over the weekend but
couldn't find one.
yProxy is listed to support Windows Mail on Vista, but there is no mention
of support for WLM.

Colin Brown
WL MVP

"Stan Shankman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eEyGsJ#[email protected]

> Does Windows Live Mail support yEnc?
>
> Greetings all,
> When I used Outlook express, I had to run yProxy in order to make it
> compatible with yEnc posts.
>
> Do I need to use yProxy with Windows Live Mail?
>
> Thanks all,
>
> - Stan
>
>
 

My Computer

G

Guest

#3
OeyEnc supports yEnc under Windows Mail. I don't know if it also
works for Windows Live Mail.

"Colin Brown WLMVP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> No it doesn't so yes, you will have to run a proxy tool infront of WLM in
> order to support YENC.
> Funnily enough, I was looking for just such a tool over the weekend but
> couldn't find one.
> yProxy is listed to support Windows Mail on Vista, but there is no mention
> of support for WLM.
>
> Colin Brown
> WL MVP
>
> "Stan Shankman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eEyGsJ#[email protected]

>> Does Windows Live Mail support yEnc?
>>
>> Greetings all,
>> When I used Outlook express, I had to run yProxy in order to make it
>> compatible with yEnc posts.
>>
>> Do I need to use yProxy with Windows Live Mail?
>>
>> Thanks all,
>>
>> - Stan
>>
>>
 

My Computer

C

Colin Brown WLMVP

#4
Unfortunately no. It only supports OE or Windows Mail, not Windows Live
Mail.

Colin Brown
WL MVP

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> OeyEnc supports yEnc under Windows Mail. I don't know if it also
> works for Windows Live Mail.
>
> "Colin Brown WLMVP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]

>> No it doesn't so yes, you will have to run a proxy tool infront of WLM in
>> order to support YENC.
>> Funnily enough, I was looking for just such a tool over the weekend but
>> couldn't find one.
>> yProxy is listed to support Windows Mail on Vista, but there is no
>> mention of support for WLM.
>>
>> Colin Brown
>> WL MVP
>>
>> "Stan Shankman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:eEyGsJ#[email protected]

>>> Does Windows Live Mail support yEnc?
>>>
>>> Greetings all,
>>> When I used Outlook express, I had to run yProxy in order to make it
>>> compatible with yEnc posts.
>>>
>>> Do I need to use yProxy with Windows Live Mail?
>>>
>>> Thanks all,
>>>
>>> - Stan
>>>
>>>
>
>
 

My Computer

R

RonnieJP

#5
On May 12, 10:40 am, "Colin Brown WLMVP" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> No it doesn't so yes, you will have to run a proxy tool infront of WLM in
> order to support YENC.
> Funnily enough, I was looking for just such a tool over the weekend but
> couldn't find one.
> yProxy is listed to support Windows Mail on Vista, but there is no mention
> of support for WLM.
>
> Colin Brown
> WL MVP
>
yProxy Pro works great with Windows Live Mail. I've been using it for
about 6 months now. It's not free however.
 

My Computer