DVD/CD Drive "Application Not Found"

alfields

I'm having a problem with my internal DVD burner in Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

The drive appears in My Computer, but it does not recognize any discs. When I click on the drive to open it, I get the following message:

D:\

Application not found

This occurred after I installed DVD Decrypter. I have uninstall the program since and it didn't solve the problem. The only other post I could find on this specific error talked about how it might be an issue with autorun.inf, but it doesn't explain how to fix that or if that worked for the guy.

Before this error, I encountered the same problem previously discussed on this site where Windows stopped recognizing my CD drives after a Vista update. I changed the registry by deleting the upper and lower limit entries for cdrom.sys, and that fixed the problem. However, I tried the same method to solve this problem, but it didn't work because I no longer have the upper and lower limits to delete.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I have an external USB DVD burner that still works, but it's still annoying to have an internal drive in a brand new computer that doesn't work.

Thanks all.

My Computer

Back