• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ESPN Web TV does not work with Vista

N

nofumble

#1
I have tried to watch video clip from espn.com and CBS.com with Vista.
I only got sounds, no video. I clicked on help and they tell I need
Window Media player 10 (or 11 I forgot), or Real Player. Gruhmm, I
should have the latest Media Player in the newly OS Vista bundle but
how come it doesn't work. What version of Media Player in Vista. I
can't find the "about" drop down in Vista Media Player.

I am about to install Real Player. But I don't want it to be the
default player.
 

My Computer

J

Jane C

#2
Vista has Media Player 11 included.

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :-)
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
"nofumble" <Davit62@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1170545975.399721.187210@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>I have tried to watch video clip from espn.com and CBS.com with Vista.
> I only got sounds, no video. I clicked on help and they tell I need
> Window Media player 10 (or 11 I forgot), or Real Player. Gruhmm, I
> should have the latest Media Player in the newly OS Vista bundle but
> how come it doesn't work. What version of Media Player in Vista. I
> can't find the "about" drop down in Vista Media Player.
>
> I am about to install Real Player. But I don't want it to be the
> default player.
>
 

My Computer

M

MICHAEL

#4
"nofumble" <Davit62@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1170564696.270664.220570@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Hmm. adding to the list:
>
> cnn.com
> msnbc.com
>
> Do anyone of you have same problem I have?
>
> let try this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16957259/
>
>
> No problem in with google video through. What's the rpoblem here?


Not sure. But, during beta testing several users reported that
this worked; open an elevated command prompt (CMD run as administrator)

copy and paste this-

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Then hit enter. You'll get an "OK" verifying it was set.

If that doesn't work set it back with this-

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Are using a router? Just curious.


-Michael
 

My Computer

N

nofumble

#5
Thanks for your suggestion but I don't understand what to do yet. Cut
and paste from where to where? I am not an IT expert.

Yes I am using a router. Same one as the other 3 PCs that still use XP
and none of them has this problem whatsoever.
 

My Computer

M

MICHAEL

#6
"nofumble" <Davit62@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1170917611.152138.310810@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> Thanks for your suggestion but I don't understand what to do yet. Cut
> and paste from where to where? I am not an IT expert.
>
> Yes I am using a router. Same one as the other 3 PCs that still use XP
> and none of them has this problem whatsoever.


You can actually do this a few ways. We'll do it the old fashioned
way.

Type "CMD" in Start Menu's search box. You'll see one result.
Right click it, select "Run as Administrator"

Copy and paste this line below:

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Hit enter. You'll get an "Ok".
Close the CMD window.

See if that helps you.


-Michael
 

My Computer

N

nofumble

#7
Hi Michael, I tried that and get this message instead of OK

Set global command failed on IPv4 The requested operation requires
elevation.
 

My Computer

M

MICHAEL

#8
"nofumble" <Davit62@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1172431613.588150.77520@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> Hi Michael, I tried that and get this message instead of OK
>
> Set global command failed on IPv4 The requested operation requires
> elevation.


You have to right click CMD and select "Run as Administrator".


-Michael
 

My Computer

N

nofumble

#9
Thanks Michael. I didn't have to do anything. It works now. Either
because of the new GMA graphic driver update from Intel, or the
problem was fixed by MS or by the websites.
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)