Fingerprint logon

littlehouse0781

I'm completely new at this lap top thing, and I hate the fingerprint logon function.

I want to get rid of it from my welcome screen so I looked and went into the Fingerprint Reader Suit, clicked on Settings, then System Settings, got a pop up window, clicked on the Logon tab to try and switch from Fingerprint Logon to Standard Windows Log on but that screen is greyed out and it doesn't allow me to switch off the Fingerprint Logon!!!! How do I change it and delete the icon from my welcome screen!!?

My Computer

JMH

Banned
Re: Fingerpring logon

Hello littlehouse0781
When you have a problem it is generally helpful to others if your system specs. are filled in via User CP.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    LAPTOP. HP Pavilion dv7-1005TX .
    CPU
    IntelCore [email protected] x2
    Memory
    4.00 GB installed, max capacity 8 GB.
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT & 512MB DDR2 dedicated graphics mem.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.0" diagonal WXGA + High definition brightview widescreen infinity display.
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    SPECS.
    Drive 1. 298.09 GB Fujitzu MHZ2320BH G2 ATA Device
    Drive 2. [ All as above.]

CONFIG. C:\287.65 GB, D:\298.09 GB, E:\10.44 GB.
    Case
    Laptop / notebook.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Mouse
    Synaptics PS/2 Port touch pad.
    Keyboard
    IBM enhanced
    Internet Speed
    ADSL [ Too slow.]
    Other Info
    Webcam.

littlehouse0781

I don't even know the system specs. I know the information is stored in the computer somewhere but I'm really not techy enough to know where that is :( I figured the finger print stuff would be the same on all vistas though

My Computer

PainlessTorture

Official Best Member
Vista Pro
On my laptop you can set which credentials are required or can be used. For example ...

Finger Print AND Password
Finger Print OR Password
2 Fingers OR 1 Finger + password.

Maybe you should look for a setting which allows you to disable finger print authentication. There may also be an option like "Allow windows logon" or "Force logon with whatever your security suite is". Try to find one of these, normally if you disable the logon with the security suite it will go to the normal logon screen.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett Packard
    CPU
    3.40Ghz / 2.20Gz Duo Core
    Memory
    2GB / 3GB
    Hard Drives
    160 GB / 160 GB

JMH

Banned
I don't even know the system specs. I know the information is stored in the computer somewhere but I'm really not techy enough to know where that is :( I figured the finger print stuff would be the same on all vistas though
Hello again littlehouse0781,
Re listing your system specs. -I can't believe that you don't know what type of laptop you have or what edition of Vista you have installed. As a start that info. is enough for you to fill in your user CP.

Did you try the recommendation suggested by Fmjc001?

The fingerprint service can be disabled at start up.[ if this is what you want to do.]
However, IMHO, I would suggest that until you have played around with your laptop & got to know & understand it much better than you apparently do at the moment, you would be wise to leave the fingerprint annoyance as it.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    LAPTOP. HP Pavilion dv7-1005TX .
    CPU
    IntelCore [email protected] x2
    Memory
    4.00 GB installed, max capacity 8 GB.
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT & 512MB DDR2 dedicated graphics mem.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.0" diagonal WXGA + High definition brightview widescreen infinity display.
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    SPECS.
    Drive 1. 298.09 GB Fujitzu MHZ2320BH G2 ATA Device
    Drive 2. [ All as above.]

CONFIG. C:\287.65 GB, D:\298.09 GB, E:\10.44 GB.
    Case
    Laptop / notebook.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Mouse
    Synaptics PS/2 Port touch pad.
    Keyboard
    IBM enhanced
    Internet Speed
    ADSL [ Too slow.]
    Other Info
    Webcam.