• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Going from Movie Maker to DVD Maker

F

Football Mom

#1
I am trying to finish my son's football highlight DVD tonight. I finally had
everything right and now I get an error message when I go from Movie Maker to
DVD Maker when I try to add the project (this is my first time using the
product in the past I have used Nero)
I get the below error message:
Add Items
0 files were successfully added.
1 file could not be added.
The Windows Movie Maker Project (Location) cannot locate at least one of the
files it contained. Open the project in Windows Movie Maker to locate the
missing files, save the project in Windows Movie Maker, and then try adding
the project in Windows DVD Maker again.

What does this mean? Is there an easy way to figure out which files are
missing?
 

My Computer

J

John Inzer

#2
Football Mom wrote:

> I am trying to finish my son's football highlight DVD tonight. I
> finally had everything right and now I get an error message when I go
> from Movie Maker to DVD Maker when I try to add the project (this is
> my first time using the product in the past I have used Nero)
> I get the below error message:
> Add Items
> 0 files were successfully added.
> 1 file could not be added.
> The Windows Movie Maker Project (Location) cannot locate at least one
> of the files it contained. Open the project in Windows Movie Maker
> to locate the missing files, save the project in Windows Movie Maker,
> and then try adding the project in Windows DVD Maker again.
>
> What does this mean? Is there an easy way to figure out which files
> are missing?
=============================
Sounds like one or more of your source
files may have been moved or deleted.
Open your project in Movie Maker and
if you see any Red Xs in place of your
source files...right click the Xs and see
if you can Browse to the current location
of the source files and re-establish the links.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
 

My Computer

F

Football Mom

#3
Thank you soooo much for your help. Out of the hundreds of pictures I took
for the video one must have gotten deleted. It was just easier to remove it
from the show then try to find it.

Thanks

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Football Mom wrote:

> > I am trying to finish my son's football highlight DVD tonight. I
> > finally had everything right and now I get an error message when I go
> > from Movie Maker to DVD Maker when I try to add the project (this is
> > my first time using the product in the past I have used Nero)
> > I get the below error message:
> > Add Items
> > 0 files were successfully added.
> > 1 file could not be added.
> > The Windows Movie Maker Project (Location) cannot locate at least one
> > of the files it contained. Open the project in Windows Movie Maker
> > to locate the missing files, save the project in Windows Movie Maker,
> > and then try adding the project in Windows DVD Maker again.
> >
> > What does this mean? Is there an easy way to figure out which files
> > are missing?
> =============================
> Sounds like one or more of your source
> files may have been moved or deleted.
> Open your project in Movie Maker and
> if you see any Red Xs in place of your
> source files...right click the Xs and see
> if you can Browse to the current location
> of the source files and re-establish the links.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>
 

My Computer

J

John Inzer

#4
Football Mom wrote:

> Thank you soooo much for your help. Out of the hundreds of pictures
> I took for the video one must have gotten deleted. It was just
> easier to remove it from the show then try to find it.
>
> Thanks
=================================
I guess this means you solved the problem?

You're welcome...and thanks for the feedback.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)