• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

help needed

J
#1
i have set up my new laptop up and it is running vista home i can not get it
to read any of my computers on my works wireless network and none of them can
see the laptop how ever i can get it to connect to the internet thru the
wirless network what have i done wrong and how can i fix this problem
from john
 
#2
Make sure you have enabled network discovery and file sharing (Control
Panel - Network and Sharing Center)

Tim

"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C22FEE9F-78EF-4A68-A46F-BF1875610AAF@microsoft.com...
>i have set up my new laptop up and it is running vista home i can not get
>it
> to read any of my computers on my works wireless network and none of them
> can
> see the laptop how ever i can get it to connect to the internet thru the
> wirless network what have i done wrong and how can i fix this problem
> from john
>
 
J
#3
i have tried all of that the network discovery is on file sharing is on the
only thing that is off is the priter sharing as there is no printer attached
my ip address is corect but i can not ping it from another pc on the network
how ever i can ping any machine on the network from the laptop any other
suggestions

"Tim" wrote:

> Make sure you have enabled network discovery and file sharing (Control
> Panel - Network and Sharing Center)
>
> Tim
>
> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C22FEE9F-78EF-4A68-A46F-BF1875610AAF@microsoft.com...
> >i have set up my new laptop up and it is running vista home i can not get
> >it
> > to read any of my computers on my works wireless network and none of them
> > can
> > see the laptop how ever i can get it to connect to the internet thru the
> > wirless network what have i done wrong and how can i fix this problem
> > from john
> >

>
 
#4
Next, check Vista's firewall settings...it may be blocking network traffic
to/from your other PCs. Are all PCs in the same workgroup?


"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BC506135-A093-4CD9-90A7-A82DAB87160C@microsoft.com...
>i have tried all of that the network discovery is on file sharing is on the
> only thing that is off is the priter sharing as there is no printer
> attached
> my ip address is corect but i can not ping it from another pc on the
> network
> how ever i can ping any machine on the network from the laptop any other
> suggestions
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> Make sure you have enabled network discovery and file sharing (Control
>> Panel - Network and Sharing Center)
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:C22FEE9F-78EF-4A68-A46F-BF1875610AAF@microsoft.com...
>> >i have set up my new laptop up and it is running vista home i can not
>> >get
>> >it
>> > to read any of my computers on my works wireless network and none of
>> > them
>> > can
>> > see the laptop how ever i can get it to connect to the internet thru
>> > the
>> > wirless network what have i done wrong and how can i fix this problem
>> > from john
>> >

>>