• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do I automatically delete junk mail on exit?

S

Steve Turner

#1
I was snooping around and the windows mail junk mail filter is great but I
can't see a way to automatically delete the contents of the folder on
exiting the program, like you can with the delete folder. Is there a way to
do this?
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#2
No, that can't be done.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"Steve Turner" <stevezygote@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:7C64CBED-8F10-4AF0-9CD3-12556221B6D0@xxxxxx

>I was snooping around and the windows mail junk mail filter is great but I
> can't see a way to automatically delete the contents of the folder on
> exiting the program, like you can with the delete folder. Is there a way to
> do this?
>
 

My Computer

F

Furney

#3
deleteing email in the inbox

I want to be able to single click on the email and click delete without ever
opening the email. Can I do this? I also don't want the email to
automatically open underneath all the emails. I only want the email to open
if I double click on it.

Thanks,
 

My Computer

#4
Re: deleteing email in the inbox

"Furney" <dfurney@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ucEj0cx%23IHA.1184@xxxxxx

>I want to be able to single click on the email and click delete without
>ever opening the email. Can I do this? I also don't want the email to
>automatically open underneath all the emails. I only want the email to
>open if I double click on it.
>
> Thanks,
>
>
View>layout>disable 'Show Preview Pane'>apply.

You can put a 'Preview' button on the toolbar to toggle back and forth in
that layout.


--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP : Mail.
[DTS] UK.
 

My Computer

A
#5
Obviously another way that Microsoft is serving us better with Windows Mail
instead of that awful Outlook Express that would autmatically do this.
Sorry, grumpy Friday...

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> No, that can't be done.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>
>
> "Steve Turner" <stevezygote@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:7C64CBED-8F10-4AF0-9CD3-12556221B6D0@xxxxxx

> >I was snooping around and the windows mail junk mail filter is great but I
> > can't see a way to automatically delete the contents of the folder on
> > exiting the program, like you can with the delete folder. Is there a way to
> > do this?
> >
>
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#6
? It's been a long time since I used OE, but I didn't think it even had
a Junk E-mail folder, so how could OE automatically empty something
that it doesn't have?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"ADKR" <ADKR@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:D6B1E528-AFC5-4297-80E9-55872B7D8C9D@xxxxxx

> Obviously another way that Microsoft is serving us better with Windows Mail
> instead of that awful Outlook Express that would autmatically do this.
> Sorry, grumpy Friday...
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>

>> No, that can't be done.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>
>>
>> "Steve Turner" <stevezygote@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:7C64CBED-8F10-4AF0-9CD3-12556221B6D0@xxxxxx

>> >I was snooping around and the windows mail junk mail filter is great but I
>> > can't see a way to automatically delete the contents of the folder on
>> > exiting the program, like you can with the delete folder. Is there a way to
>> > do this?
>> >
>>
 

My Computer

J

John Barnett MVP

#7
You are right, Gary OE hasn't got a Junk E-mail folder.

--

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
mail/post..


"Gary VanderMolen" <Gary@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:#vEuyx0$IHA.4684@xxxxxx

> ? It's been a long time since I used OE, but I didn't think it even had
> a Junk E-mail folder, so how could OE automatically empty something
> that it doesn't have?
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>
>
> "ADKR" <ADKR@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:D6B1E528-AFC5-4297-80E9-55872B7D8C9D@xxxxxx

>> Obviously another way that Microsoft is serving us better with Windows
>> Mail
>> instead of that awful Outlook Express that would autmatically do this.
>> Sorry, grumpy Friday...
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>>

>>> No, that can't be done.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>>
>>>
>>> "Steve Turner" <stevezygote@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> news:7C64CBED-8F10-4AF0-9CD3-12556221B6D0@xxxxxx
>>> >I was snooping around and the windows mail junk mail filter is great
>>> >but I
>>> > can't see a way to automatically delete the contents of the folder on
>>> > exiting the program, like you can with the delete folder. Is there a
>>> > way to
>>> > do this?
>>> >
>>>
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#8
Hee-hee. I don't mind folks blaming WM for real faults, but when
they start blaming it for imaginary faults, it gets my dander up...

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"John Barnett MVP" <freelance@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:%232Ww2g5$IHA.4032@xxxxxx

> You are right, Gary OE hasn't got a Junk E-mail folder.
>
> --
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows Desktop Experience
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
>
> The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
> kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
> mail/post..
>
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" <Gary@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:#vEuyx0$IHA.4684@xxxxxx

>> ? It's been a long time since I used OE, but I didn't think it even had
>> a Junk E-mail folder, so how could OE automatically empty something
>> that it doesn't have?
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>
>>
>> "ADKR" <ADKR@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>> news:D6B1E528-AFC5-4297-80E9-55872B7D8C9D@xxxxxx

>>> Obviously another way that Microsoft is serving us better with Windows
>>> Mail
>>> instead of that awful Outlook Express that would autmatically do this.
>>> Sorry, grumpy Friday...
>>>
>>> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>>>
>>>> No, that can't be done.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Steve Turner" <stevezygote@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>> news:7C64CBED-8F10-4AF0-9CD3-12556221B6D0@xxxxxx
>>>> >I was snooping around and the windows mail junk mail filter is great
>>>> >but I
>>>> > can't see a way to automatically delete the contents of the folder on
>>>> > exiting the program, like you can with the delete folder. Is there a
>>>> > way to
>>>> > do this?
>>>> >
>>>>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)