• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan

B

Boris

#1
Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
can I download or what file is it on the software?

By the way, my new email address is:

hlush@xxxxxx
 
T

Tom Lake

#2
"Boris" <Boris@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3C9701CD-D5E8-4789-A9EB-96FE03CBDFF2@xxxxxx

> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
> can I download or what file is it on the software?
If you have a home version of Vista, you won't find it. It's only included
with
Business and Ultimate versions. You'll have to seek out a third party
version.

Tom Lake
 
B

Boris

#3
Tom,

I had it previously on my computer w/Home Premium.


"Tom Lake" wrote:

>
> "Boris" <Boris@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:3C9701CD-D5E8-4789-A9EB-96FE03CBDFF2@xxxxxx

> > Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
> > can I download or what file is it on the software?
>
> If you have a home version of Vista, you won't find it. It's only included
> with
> Business and Ultimate versions. You'll have to seek out a third party
> version.
>
> Tom Lake
>
 
M

Malke

#4
Boris wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I had it previously on my computer w/Home Premium.
>
>
> "Tom Lake" wrote:
>

>> "Boris" <Boris@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>> news:3C9701CD-D5E8-4789-A9EB-96FE03CBDFF2@xxxxxx

>>> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
>>> can I download or what file is it on the software?
>> If you have a home version of Vista, you won't find it. It's only included
>> with
>> Business and Ultimate versions. You'll have to seek out a third party
>> version.
No, you didn't. As Mr. Lake said, Windows Fax and Scan is not included
in the Home Basic/Premium versions of Vista. You may have had a faxing
program included with printer software.

If you have Vista Home Basic/Premium and you want to fax from your
computer, you will need a third-party faxing program that is compatible
with Vista.


Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP
 
C

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

#5
Which version of Vista do you have?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Boris" <Boris@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3C9701CD-D5E8-4789-A9EB-96FE03CBDFF2@xxxxxx

> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
> can I download or what file is it on the software?
>
> By the way, my new email address is:
>
> hlush@xxxxxx
>
 
C

Chuck

#6
Remember that OEM copies of vista may differ from the standard versions.

"Malke" <notreally@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%233IJssmaIHA.4476@xxxxxx

> Boris wrote:

> > Tom,
> >
> > I had it previously on my computer w/Home Premium.
> >
> >
> > "Tom Lake" wrote:
> >

> >> "Boris" <Boris@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> news:3C9701CD-D5E8-4789-A9EB-96FE03CBDFF2@xxxxxx
> >>> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan.
How

> >>> can I download or what file is it on the software?
> >> If you have a home version of Vista, you won't find it. It's only
included

> >> with
> >> Business and Ultimate versions. You'll have to seek out a third party
> >> version.
>
> No, you didn't. As Mr. Lake said, Windows Fax and Scan is not included
> in the Home Basic/Premium versions of Vista. You may have had a faxing
> program included with printer software.
>
> If you have Vista Home Basic/Premium and you want to fax from your
> computer, you will need a third-party faxing program that is compatible
> with Vista.
>
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP
 
F

fedupon friday

#7
what a con - do mirosoft think that those of us that have had to have vista -
instead of the much prefered xp do not send faxes now!???

"Boris" wrote:

> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How
> can I download or what file is it on the software?
>
> By the way, my new email address is:
>
> hlush@xxxxxx
>
 
B

Bob F.

#8
"fedupon friday" <fedupon friday@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4A5936E8-040B-4BE0-A206-E19EE14C5F84@xxxxxx

> what a con - do mirosoft think that those of us that have had to have
> vista -
> instead of the much prefered xp do not send faxes now!???
>
> "Boris" wrote:
>

>> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan.
>> How
>> can I download or what file is it on the software?
>>
>> By the way, my new email address is:
>>
>> hlush@xxxxxx
>>

No, they just don't think they need to give it away free anymore since it's
not part of an operating system. They re-thought their bundling offerings.

--
BobF.
 
A

Art S

#9
I thought finally I would get myself A NEW laptop.So instead of a Mac which I
have always I had I figured I would give Windows a chance. So I have a Vista
laptop. I looked for the faxing software to send a fax and thought I was
going crazy. Windows was able to in the past. They don't have fax on Vista.
What in the world are they thinking? With all the problems I have heard about
it. I am sorry I went to Microsoft. I think instead of going backwards they
should go forwards. retain an obvious useful function. Common sense is that
it should still be on the machine.
Art

"Bob F." wrote:

> "fedupon friday" <fedupon friday@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:4A5936E8-040B-4BE0-A206-E19EE14C5F84@xxxxxx

> > what a con - do mirosoft think that those of us that have had to have
> > vista -
> > instead of the much prefered xp do not send faxes now!???
> >
> > "Boris" wrote:
> >

> >> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan.
> >> How
> >> can I download or what file is it on the software?
> >>
> >> By the way, my new email address is:
> >>
> >> hlush@xxxxxx
> >>
>
>
> No, they just don't think they need to give it away free anymore since it's
> not part of an operating system. They re-thought their bundling offerings.
>
> --
> BobF.
>
>
 
B

Bob F.

#10
FAX not available in Vista Home Basic Premium. It is available in Ultimate,
Extreme and Business.

You might consider Snappy Fax at a slight cost:
http://www.snappysoftware.com/

or the Free version from BVRP:
http://www.usr.com/bvrp/bvrp.asp

or a full BVRP Classic Phone Tools 9: $29.90
http://www.shop.avanquest.com/usa/prod.php?pid=847&tr1=AQ_US_WS_CPT_homepage


I’ve used all of these. Snappy fax screen look a bit crude but the product
actually is fairly feature rich and works fine. BVRP also works fine,
screen looks a little better. Other than that, there are minor differences
in performance between the two.

--
Regards, BobF.
"Art S" <Art S@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:236E1BB3-105F-4A2E-96BC-FA7E90A2EC1F@xxxxxx

>I thought finally I would get myself A NEW laptop.So instead of a Mac which
>I
> have always I had I figured I would give Windows a chance. So I have a
> Vista
> laptop. I looked for the faxing software to send a fax and thought I was
> going crazy. Windows was able to in the past. They don't have fax on
> Vista.
> What in the world are they thinking? With all the problems I have heard
> about
> it. I am sorry I went to Microsoft. I think instead of going backwards
> they
> should go forwards. retain an obvious useful function. Common sense is
> that
> it should still be on the machine.
> Art
>
> "Bob F." wrote:
>

>> "fedupon friday" <fedupon friday@xxxxxx> wrote in
>> message
>> news:4A5936E8-040B-4BE0-A206-E19EE14C5F84@xxxxxx

>> > what a con - do mirosoft think that those of us that have had to have
>> > vista -
>> > instead of the much prefered xp do not send faxes now!???
>> >
>> > "Boris" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan.
>> >> How
>> >> can I download or what file is it on the software?
>> >>
>> >> By the way, my new email address is:
>> >>
>> >> hlush@xxxxxx
>> >>
>>
>>
>> No, they just don't think they need to give it away free anymore since
>> it's
>> not part of an operating system. They re-thought their bundling
>> offerings.
>>
>> --
>> BobF.
>>
>>
 
S

schnooks

#11
to many sites on bvrp i hae a motorola sm56 data fax and am running vista
home which site do i download from thanks


"Bob F." wrote:

>
> FAX not available in Vista Home Basic Premium. It is available in Ultimate,
> Extreme and Business.
>
> You might consider Snappy Fax at a slight cost:
> http://www.snappysoftware.com/
>
> or the Free version from BVRP:
> http://www.usr.com/bvrp/bvrp.asp
>
> or a full BVRP Classic Phone Tools 9: $29.90
> http://www.shop.avanquest.com/usa/prod.php?pid=847&tr1=AQ_US_WS_CPT_homepage
>
>
> I’ve used all of these. Snappy fax screen look a bit crude but the product
> actually is fairly feature rich and works fine. BVRP also works fine,
> screen looks a little better. Other than that, there are minor differences
> in performance between the two.
>
> --
> Regards, BobF.
> "Art S" <Art S@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:236E1BB3-105F-4A2E-96BC-FA7E90A2EC1F@xxxxxx

> >I thought finally I would get myself A NEW laptop.So instead of a Mac which
> >I
> > have always I had I figured I would give Windows a chance. So I have a
> > Vista
> > laptop. I looked for the faxing software to send a fax and thought I was
> > going crazy. Windows was able to in the past. They don't have fax on
> > Vista.
> > What in the world are they thinking? With all the problems I have heard
> > about
> > it. I am sorry I went to Microsoft. I think instead of going backwards
> > they
> > should go forwards. retain an obvious useful function. Common sense is
> > that
> > it should still be on the machine.
> > Art
> >
> > "Bob F." wrote:
> >

> >> "fedupon friday" <fedupon friday@xxxxxx> wrote in
> >> message
> >> news:4A5936E8-040B-4BE0-A206-E19EE14C5F84@xxxxxx
> >> > what a con - do mirosoft think that those of us that have had to have
> >> > vista -
> >> > instead of the much prefered xp do not send faxes now!???
> >> >
> >> > "Boris" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan.
> >> >> How
> >> >> can I download or what file is it on the software?
> >> >>
> >> >> By the way, my new email address is:
> >> >>
> >> >> hlush@xxxxxx
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> No, they just don't think they need to give it away free anymore since
> >> it's
> >> not part of an operating system. They re-thought their bundling
> >> offerings.
> >>
> >> --
> >> BobF.
> >>
> >>
>
>
 
J

Josef Meier

#12
We use Aloaha FAX Suite (www.aloaha.com) and are pretty happy with that!

"Art S" <Art S@xxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:236E1BB3-105F-4A2E-96BC-FA7E90A2EC1F@xxxxxx

>I thought finally I would get myself A NEW laptop.So instead of a Mac which
>I
> have always I had I figured I would give Windows a chance. So I have a
> Vista
> laptop. I looked for the faxing software to send a fax and thought I was
> going crazy. Windows was able to in the past. They don't have fax on
> Vista.
> What in the world are they thinking? With all the problems I have heard
> about
> it. I am sorry I went to Microsoft. I think instead of going backwards
> they
> should go forwards. retain an obvious useful function. Common sense is
> that
> it should still be on the machine.
> Art
>
> "Bob F." wrote:
>

>> "fedupon friday" <fedupon friday@xxxxxx> wrote in
>> message
>> news:4A5936E8-040B-4BE0-A206-E19EE14C5F84@xxxxxx

>> > what a con - do mirosoft think that those of us that have had to have
>> > vista -
>> > instead of the much prefered xp do not send faxes now!???
>> >
>> > "Boris" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan.
>> >> How
>> >> can I download or what file is it on the software?
>> >>
>> >> By the way, my new email address is:
>> >>
>> >> hlush@xxxxxx
>> >>
>>
>>
>> No, they just don't think they need to give it away free anymore since
>> it's
>> not part of an operating system. They re-thought their bundling
>> offerings.
>>
>> --
>> BobF.
>>
>>
 
P

Peter

#14
Are you sure it's Vista Business and not Vista Enterprise? It can be
installed as an optional component on Enterprise.

To quote Microsoft:

"Windows Fax and Scan is on the main All Programs menu of the Windows Vista
Business and Windows Vista Ultimate editions. It can be installed as an
optional component in Windows Vista Enterprise. Windows Fax and Scan enables
you to perform all faxing and scanning tasks and manage all of your faxes
and scanned documents from one location."

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP3 x 2/Vista Ultimate SP1
Triple Boot

"lunate" <lunate.39vczd@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:lunate.39vczd@xxxxxx

>
> ..Well that's just weird...
>
> I use Vista Business (32-bit) at work... There's no Fax and Scan.
>
> ..Furthermore...
>
> I use Vista Business (64-bit) at home... There's no Fax and Scan there
> EITHER.
>
>
> --
> lunate
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> lunate's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50185
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=910615
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
 
T

Tom Lake

#16
"laralara" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
news:44227f6e0309efd013b4d29775d4b115@newsgroup-gateway.com...

>
> how to use pc fax on vista home pre
You have to buy non-Microsoft fax software to do that in
Home versions.

Tom Lake