• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do I restore to Original Factory Settings with Vista?

salah

Hi all;

I have an Acer Aspire 3690 Laptop with Windows Vista home basic. I have had problems with spyware and viruses and such and now the thing runs slowly in whatever i am doing and some time got stuck. How do i restore it to original factory settings?
I understand there may be "better" solutions, but i really don't mind restoring to original settings and losing all the data on the disk. I've already backed up all my important files i want to save.

Note:
when I purchased the labtop, CD recovery disk is not included with the package!

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance
ALL THE BEST;
SALAH

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 3690
    CPU
    celeron
    Memory
    1 G
    Hard Drives
    100 G

whs

Vista Guru
Gold Member
The procedure is simple. Restart your PC and press ALT+F10 when you get the first splash screen - or check on that screen whether they want you to press something else. That gets you to the installation wizard that will guide you.
Besides, you are supposed to burn the recovery DVDs from your recovery partition. Look into the little booklet that came with the PC. That should tell you how that is done (it's somwhat different for each manufacturer).

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Q6600
    Memory
    4GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP w2207h
    Hard Drives
    2x250GB HDDs
    1x60GB OCZ SSD
    6 external disks 60 to 640GBs
    Other Info
    Also 1xHP desktop, 1xHP laptop, 1xGateway laptop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)