How to convert email address from window mail to outlook express

L

Leg

I have changed my pc from vista to XP. I need to convert my email address
from window mail back to outlook express. How to do? Thank you for your
advise.
 

My Computer

B

Bruce Hagen

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | All Tabs. Make the appropriate
changes.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA


"Leg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>I have changed my pc from vista to XP. I need to convert my email address
> from window mail back to outlook express. How to do? Thank you for your
> advise.
 

My Computer

L

Leg

Re: How to convert email address from window mail to outlook expre

In fact, I change a new PC, it's using Outlook express. My old PC was using
Vista.
I cannot move the email address of my friend I built up before. How to
import contact of Vista to OE?

OE - XXX.wab
Vista - contacts file

"Bob" wrote:

> What do you mean by "convert"?
>
> Your email program does not have any effect on your email address.
>
> "Leg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]

> >I have changed my pc from vista to XP. I need to convert my email address
> > from window mail back to outlook express. How to do? Thank you for your
> > advise.
>
> .
>
 

My Computer

L

Leg

Re: How to convert email address from window mail to outlook expre

Sorry, my question misled.

I mean I change a new PC, It's using Outlook express. While my old PC was
using Vista. How can I import the contact of my friend to outlook express. It
seems they are in different format.

Vista - contact
OE - XXX.wab

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | All Tabs. Make the appropriate
> changes.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>
>
> "Leg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]

> >I have changed my pc from vista to XP. I need to convert my email address
> > from window mail back to outlook express. How to do? Thank you for your
> > advise.
>
> .
>
 

My Computer

B

Bruce Hagen

Re: How to convert email address from window mail to outlook expre

Open the Contacts in WinMail and Export as a CSV (Comma Separated Values)
file and save it to the Desktop. Copy this to flash or CD and place it on
the Desktop of the XP machine.

Open OE and open the Address Book. File | Import | Other Address Book |
Text File (Comma Separated Values). Click: Import and browse to where you
saved it.

[Note: If you used a CD or DVD, before you import, right click on the file
on the Desktop | Properties, and clear the Read Only attribute].
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA


"Leg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> In fact, I change a new PC, it's using Outlook express. My old PC was
> using
> Vista.
> I cannot move the email address of my friend I built up before. How to
> import contact of Vista to OE?
>
> OE - XXX.wab
> Vista - contacts file
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>

>> What do you mean by "convert"?
>>
>> Your email program does not have any effect on your email address.
>>
>> "Leg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

>> >I have changed my pc from vista to XP. I need to convert my email
>> >address
>> > from window mail back to outlook express. How to do? Thank you for
>> > your
>> > advise.
>>
>> .
>>
 

My Computer

L

Leg

Thanks Bruce. I am ok now.

"Leg" wrote:

> I have changed my pc from vista to XP. I need to convert my email address
> from window mail back to outlook express. How to do? Thank you for your
> advise.
 

My Computer

Top