• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to disable Firewall

C

CharlieC

#1
I am using CA Firewall. Firewall is reporting that both CA and Windows
Firewalls are running.

I can turn off Windows Firewall, but it is turned back on every time I
reboot. I want to "permanently" turn off Vista Firewall. How can I do this?

Thanks,
CharlieC
 

My Computer

M

MasenF

#2
Have you tried disabling the Windows Firewall service?

1.) Right click My Computer, select Manage
2.) Click on services and applications, click on services
3.) Scroll to Windows Firewall and Double-click it
4.) Change the start up type to Disabled

-Masen

"CharlieC" <CharlieC@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2C6B612D-B8DA-41DE-AFD2-DC78C94DEA29@xxxxxx

>I am using CA Firewall. Firewall is reporting that both CA and Windows
> Firewalls are running.
>
> I can turn off Windows Firewall, but it is turned back on every time I
> reboot. I want to "permanently" turn off Vista Firewall. How can I do
> this?
>
> Thanks,
> CharlieC
 

My Computer

C

CharlieC

#3
That did it...

Thanks much!!

"MasenF" wrote:

> Have you tried disabling the Windows Firewall service?
>
> 1.) Right click My Computer, select Manage
> 2.) Click on services and applications, click on services
> 3.) Scroll to Windows Firewall and Double-click it
> 4.) Change the start up type to Disabled
>
> -Masen
>
> "CharlieC" <CharlieC@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:2C6B612D-B8DA-41DE-AFD2-DC78C94DEA29@xxxxxx

> >I am using CA Firewall. Firewall is reporting that both CA and Windows
> > Firewalls are running.
> >
> > I can turn off Windows Firewall, but it is turned back on every time I
> > reboot. I want to "permanently" turn off Vista Firewall. How can I do
> > this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > CharlieC
>
>
 

My Computer

H

Hank Arnold (MVP)

#4
CharlieC wrote:

> I am using CA Firewall. Firewall is reporting that both CA and Windows
> Firewalls are running.
>
> I can turn off Windows Firewall, but it is turned back on every time I
> reboot. I want to "permanently" turn off Vista Firewall. How can I do this?
>
> Thanks,
> CharlieC
I'd contact CA and ask why their firewall doesn't automatically turn of
the Windows firewall. Every modern one I've tried does it. Perhaps they
have an update that is Vista compatible.

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services
 

My Computer

N

Nick /////

#5
"Hank Arnold (MVP)" <rasilon@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%239uzSiRJIHA.1204@xxxxxx

> I'd contact CA and ask why their firewall doesn't automatically turn of
> the Windows firewall. Every modern one I've tried does it. Perhaps they
> have an update that is Vista compatible.
>
Why.

The Vista Windows Filtering Platform and on that the Windows Firewall is as
good as it gets. Turning them off is not IMHO (an others) a good idea. At
long last Windows has secured its lower network security from the ground up
and we want people to turn it off! ?

My preferred solution is to leave the Windows Firewall operating and intact.
By all means add on top but don't disable one of the best features of Vista.

Nick /////
 

My Computer

H

Hank Arnold (MVP)

#6
Nick ///// wrote:

> "Hank Arnold (MVP)" <rasilon@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:%239uzSiRJIHA.1204@xxxxxx

>> I'd contact CA and ask why their firewall doesn't automatically turn
>> of the Windows firewall. Every modern one I've tried does it. Perhaps
>> they have an update that is Vista compatible.
>>
> Why.
>
> The Vista Windows Filtering Platform and on that the Windows Firewall is
> as good as it gets. Turning them off is not IMHO (an others) a good
> idea. At long last Windows has secured its lower network security from
> the ground up and we want people to turn it off! ?
>
> My preferred solution is to leave the Windows Firewall operating and
> intact. By all means add on top but don't disable one of the best
> features of Vista.
>
> Nick /////
>
I's a bad idea to run moe than 1 firewall at a time. At best, it will
use up resources and at worst, cause conflicts...

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)