• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to fully delete contacts from MSN Live Messenger?

M

MegaC

#1
Greetings all,

I am new this group! Nice to meet everyone!

I have a question relating to deleting old contacts. I am using
'Windows Live Messenger" version 8.1 and I am trying to delete my old
contacts that are found in my Block list (Found under Tools -> Options
-> Privacy -> Block List). When I try right clicking on the names
sometimes the "Delete" option is blacked out and other times it is
not. On the times when it is blacked out and I hit delete, it deletes
for a moment and then comes back(?) when I relaunch MSN Live
Messenger.

How to do I (under my control) delete/blow away all the users that I
have blocked (I blocked them for a reason). How do I 100% delete them
from my MSN and any other forms of Microsoft so that I can NEVER
access them again?

Cheers,
Derek
 
P

Peter Flindt

#2
MegaC wrote :

> Greetings all,

> I am new this group! Nice to meet everyone!

> I have a question relating to deleting old contacts. I am using
> 'Windows Live Messenger" version 8.1 and I am trying to delete my old
> contacts that are found in my Block list (Found under Tools -> Options
> -> Privacy -> Block List). When I try right clicking on the names
> sometimes the "Delete" option is blacked out and other times it is
> not. On the times when it is blacked out and I hit delete, it deletes
> for a moment and then comes back(?) when I relaunch MSN Live
> Messenger.

> How to do I (under my control) delete/blow away all the users that I
> have blocked (I blocked them for a reason). How do I 100% delete them
> from my MSN and any other forms of Microsoft so that I can NEVER
> access them again?

> Cheers,
> Derek
No chance,
if a contact have add YOU on his contactlist, you can't delete this
contact.
That's the way the msn protocol works.

Peter
 
J

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

#3
Greetings,

Peter is correct but just to clarify...

If someone has you on their main contact list, that Delete option won't be available. Once
they've removed you, it will become available and you should be able to remove them
completely. They shouldn't be coming back...

These lists are separate from other Live services' contact stores, so you don't need to worry
about them appearing elsewhere though.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2007 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
--


"MegaC" <derekmegyesi@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:24683756-dbb7-4f8c-9058-018419f63c41@xxxxxx

> Greetings all,
>
> I am new this group! Nice to meet everyone!
>
> I have a question relating to deleting old contacts. I am using
> 'Windows Live Messenger" version 8.1 and I am trying to delete my old
> contacts that are found in my Block list (Found under Tools -> Options
> -> Privacy -> Block List). When I try right clicking on the names
> sometimes the "Delete" option is blacked out and other times it is
> not. On the times when it is blacked out and I hit delete, it deletes
> for a moment and then comes back(?) when I relaunch MSN Live
> Messenger.
>
> How to do I (under my control) delete/blow away all the users that I
> have blocked (I blocked them for a reason). How do I 100% delete them
> from my MSN and any other forms of Microsoft so that I can NEVER
> access them again?
>
> Cheers,
> Derek
 
P

peppermint pig

#4
I really think that we ought to be able to delete people that have added us
on to our contact lists . Some people I really just dont want on thereor to
be able to contact them I don't even wanted to be reminded of them. I would
leave hotmail just because of this fact really

"Peter Flindt" wrote:

> MegaC wrote :

> > Greetings all,
>

> > I am new this group! Nice to meet everyone!
>

> > I have a question relating to deleting old contacts. I am using
> > 'Windows Live Messenger" version 8.1 and I am trying to delete my old
> > contacts that are found in my Block list (Found under Tools -> Options
> > -> Privacy -> Block List). When I try right clicking on the names
> > sometimes the "Delete" option is blacked out and other times it is
> > not. On the times when it is blacked out and I hit delete, it deletes
> > for a moment and then comes back(?) when I relaunch MSN Live
> > Messenger.
>

> > How to do I (under my control) delete/blow away all the users that I
> > have blocked (I blocked them for a reason). How do I 100% delete them
> > from my MSN and any other forms of Microsoft so that I can NEVER
> > access them again?
>

> > Cheers,
> > Derek
>
> No chance,
> if a contact have add YOU on his contactlist, you can't delete this
> contact.
> That's the way the msn protocol works.
>
> Peter
>
>
>
 
M

mineemee

#5
Hi Jonathan,

This is actually a huge problem for me. Somehow my messenger resets and I
have to reblock all the people that I blocked already. My block list is over
500 and when messenger resets a million windows pop up asking me to
allow/block again. This is very annoying to block each one individually
again.

I have tried many things to delete the names on the list for instance: I
unblocked everyone on my block list and added them to my allow/contact list
then I tried deleting the contacts permanently from my contact list. They
always end up back on my block list.

I want to be able to delete the names permanenetly. If this means
forfeiting the names being blocked as well deleted than this if fine. So I
ask, at this time now is there a way to delete the names on the block list
permanenetly. Perhaps there is a new version of windows live messenger that
will fix this issue?

Thanks,
mineemee

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Peter is correct but just to clarify...
>
> If someone has you on their main contact list, that Delete option won't be available. Once
> they've removed you, it will become available and you should be able to remove them
> completely. They shouldn't be coming back...
>
> These lists are separate from other Live services' contact stores, so you don't need to worry
> about them appearing elsewhere though.
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2007 Jonathan Kay.
> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> --
>
>
> "MegaC" <derekmegyesi@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:24683756-dbb7-4f8c-9058-018419f63c41@xxxxxx

> > Greetings all,
> >
> > I am new this group! Nice to meet everyone!
> >
> > I have a question relating to deleting old contacts. I am using
> > 'Windows Live Messenger" version 8.1 and I am trying to delete my old
> > contacts that are found in my Block list (Found under Tools -> Options
> > -> Privacy -> Block List). When I try right clicking on the names
> > sometimes the "Delete" option is blacked out and other times it is
> > not. On the times when it is blacked out and I hit delete, it deletes
> > for a moment and then comes back(?) when I relaunch MSN Live
> > Messenger.
> >
> > How to do I (under my control) delete/blow away all the users that I
> > have blocked (I blocked them for a reason). How do I 100% delete them
> > from my MSN and any other forms of Microsoft so that I can NEVER
> > access them again?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Derek
>
>
 
J

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

#7
Hi,

I disagree -- it allows both parties to retain control of their status.

For instance on Skype, if you block someone and then unblock them, you can see them fine but
they can no longer see you although there is nothing indicating to you that anything has
really changed. The only way to "fix" is for them to request your contact details again, or
you to delete them and readd them (which they aren't notified either).

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
(c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
--


"Big T" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
news:06b769928ceeddd2f1854f88edb36d14@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> Just another way that M$ shows it doesn't give a crap about the user.
>
>
> --
> Big T
 
K

kiran

#8
"MegaC" wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I am new this group! Nice to meet everyone!
>
> I have a question relating to deleting old contacts. I am using
> 'Windows Live Messenger" version 8.1 and I am trying to delete my old
> contacts that are found in my Block list (Found under Tools -> Options
> -> Privacy -> Block List). When I try right clicking on the names
> sometimes the "Delete" option is blacked out and other times it is
> not. On the times when it is blacked out and I hit delete, it deletes
> for a moment and then comes back(?) when I relaunch MSN Live
> Messenger.
>
> How to do I (under my control) delete/blow away all the users that I
> have blocked (I blocked them for a reason). How do I 100% delete them
> from my MSN and any other forms of Microsoft so that I can NEVER
> access them again?
>
> Cheers,
> Derek
>
 
R

rabia

#9
>How to do I (under my control) delete/blow away all the users that I

> have blocked (I blocked them for a reason). How do I 100% delete them
> from my MSN and any other forms of Microsoft so that I can NEVER
> access them again?
> is there any possible way????
 
J

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

#10
Greetings Rabia,

In the Privacy category lists in Options, which I assume would be what you're referring to,
you can right-click on people and choose Delete. However, this Delete option will only be
available if they've deleted you from their main contact list. If they haven't, the option
will be grayed out.

The only other possible way is to completely delete your Windows Live ID at
http://account.live.com, wait a few days for it to be wiped out by the system and start
again. This will of course, wipe out your main contact list as well.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
(c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
--


"rabia" <rabia@newsgroup> wrote in message
news:08B9C979-5516-4855-B31F-A1E250B0577A@newsgroup

>>How to do I (under my control) delete/blow away all the users that I
>> have blocked (I blocked them for a reason). How do I 100% delete them
>> from my MSN and any other forms of Microsoft so that I can NEVER
>> access them again?
>> is there any possible way????
 
#11
hello..

get rid of windows live messenger and use a program called aMSN..

its a clone of windows , i use it, it lets u delete that bloody blocked list, adn other stuff..
have fun
worth a check out
 
J

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

#12
Greetings,

aMSN is good, but it's not great. It doesn't let you magically start removing contacts from
the blocked list though. Although technically possible, if you do this, they will just
reappear as newly added contacts.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
(c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
--


"illusoyr" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
news:0cf731ab9860166fc5b99310ef5a96c6@newsgroup-gateway.com...

>
> hello..
>
> get rid of windows live messenger and use a program called aMSN..
>
> its a clone of windows , i use it, it lets u delete that bloody blocked
> list, adn other stuff..
> have fun
> worth a check out
>
>
> --
> illusoyr