• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to get rid of the Microsoft 'Pen Tool'?

I

Imageman

#1
I finally got around to installing my Wacom tablet driver for Vista. It
activated the Microsoft 'Pen Tool' keyboard thing. I won't be using it, and
it irritates me, hiding off the side of my screen, just waiting to pop out
every time it thinks I want to type something. Is there a way to close it
completely, or better yet, inactivate it without uninstalling my Wacom
driver? - Thank you for your help - IM
 

My Computer

P

Paul Smith

#2
"Imageman" <Images@Clean.New> wrote in message
news:ztSdnTCvZPkVOJjbnZ2dnUVZ_s-rnZ2d@giganews.com...
>I finally got around to installing my Wacom tablet driver for Vista. It
>activated the Microsoft 'Pen Tool' keyboard thing. I won't be using it, and
>it irritates me, hiding off the side of my screen, just waiting to pop out
>every time it thinks I want to type something. Is there a way to close it
>completely, or better yet, inactivate it without uninstalling my Wacom
>driver? - Thank you for your help - IM


Yes, I'm not on my Tablet PC now but it is under the options for it
somewhere.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
http://www.windowsresource.net/

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*
 

My Computer

I

Imageman

#3
Paul - Thanks for the inspiration! :-) It's like you said . . . In the
'Tablet PC Input Panel' Tools | Options | and uncheck the the 'Show the
input panel tab' - Thanks again, IM



"Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.windowsresource.net> wrote in message
news:uyuH1jmbHHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> "Imageman" <Images@Clean.New> wrote in message
> news:ztSdnTCvZPkVOJjbnZ2dnUVZ_s-rnZ2d@giganews.com...
>>I finally got around to installing my Wacom tablet driver for Vista. It
>>activated the Microsoft 'Pen Tool' keyboard thing. I won't be using it,
>>and it irritates me, hiding off the side of my screen, just waiting to pop
>>out every time it thinks I want to type something. Is there a way to close
>>it completely, or better yet, inactivate it without uninstalling my Wacom
>>driver? - Thank you for your help - IM

>
> Yes, I'm not on my Tablet PC now but it is under the options for it
> somewhere.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*
>
>
 

My Computer

B

Billh

#4
I set up a one of these this weekend amd I saw the options as well. I ended
up taking the drivers out as I did not like seeing the keyboard at log in.
Is there a way to turn that off if I reinstall the drivers?

Also on accounts created after the wacom driver install if you hovered over
an icon you got a check box. Does any one know how to get rid of those.
Other then what I did which was to delete the account and recreate them
after I took out the driver.


"Imageman" <Images@Clean.New> wrote in message
news:JpOdnc0gZv8oJZjbnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d@giganews.com...
> Paul - Thanks for the inspiration! :-) It's like you said . . . In the
> 'Tablet PC Input Panel' Tools | Options | and uncheck the the 'Show the
> input panel tab' - Thanks again, IM
>
>
>
> "Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.windowsresource.net> wrote in message
> news:uyuH1jmbHHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> "Imageman" <Images@Clean.New> wrote in message
>> news:ztSdnTCvZPkVOJjbnZ2dnUVZ_s-rnZ2d@giganews.com...
>>>I finally got around to installing my Wacom tablet driver for Vista. It
>>>activated the Microsoft 'Pen Tool' keyboard thing. I won't be using it,
>>>and it irritates me, hiding off the side of my screen, just waiting to
>>>pop out every time it thinks I want to type something. Is there a way to
>>>close it completely, or better yet, inactivate it without uninstalling my
>>>Wacom driver? - Thank you for your help - IM

>>
>> Yes, I'm not on my Tablet PC now but it is under the options for it
>> somewhere.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Smith,
>> Yeovil, UK.
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
>> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>>
>> *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*
>>
>>

>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)