• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to make the overall font size bigger

K

Kathie and Dick

#1
We are new to windows vista and I can barely read the print on the desk top
as well as mail or anything else. I have searched on how to make the print
larger and it is not just like going into your email and changing the font
size. Any tips on this issue from people who are familiar with vista.
Thanks

--
Kathie
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#2
Right-click on a blank spot on the desktop, select Personalize.
On the left, under Tasks, select "Adjust font size (DPI)."
120 DPI is probably overkill, but you can try it. Otherwise use
the custom DPI setting: 105-110 DPI seems to work best for most
people.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)


"Kathie and Dick" <karpinen@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23t$LV%23jeIHA.5208@xxxxxx

> We are new to windows vista and I can barely read the print on the desk top as well as mail or anything else. I have searched on
> how to make the print larger and it is not just like going into your email and changing the font size. Any tips on this issue
> from people who are familiar with vista.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Kathie
>
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#4
Glad to have helped.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)


"Kathie and Dick" <karpinen@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:uPD6zLleIHA.3756@xxxxxx

> Thank you for the information that helps
 

My Computer

B

Big Bill

#5
Gary, I set it to 150, found that to be much too large, and now can't seem to
get the computer to reduce it. Any ideas?

Bill

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Right-click on a blank spot on the desktop, select Personalize.
> On the left, under Tasks, select "Adjust font size (DPI)."
> 120 DPI is probably overkill, but you can try it. Otherwise use
> the custom DPI setting: 105-110 DPI seems to work best for most
> people.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>
>
> "Kathie and Dick" <karpinen@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23t$LV%23jeIHA.5208@xxxxxx

> > We are new to windows vista and I can barely read the print on the desk top as well as mail or anything else. I have searched on
> > how to make the print larger and it is not just like going into your email and changing the font size. Any tips on this issue
> > from people who are familiar with vista.
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Kathie
> >
>
>
>
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#6
I don't know. Non-mail issues are not my strong suit.
The same procedure that allowed you to set it for 150 DPI
should also be the way to change that setting.
You may have to boot into Safe mode.
If you need additional help, try the general Vista newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)


"Big Bill" <Big Bill@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:D18F1C53-47E4-46CD-AFF6-8B2D856E46ED@xxxxxx

> Gary, I set it to 150, found that to be much too large, and now can't seem to
> get the computer to reduce it. Any ideas?
>
> Bill
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>

>> Right-click on a blank spot on the desktop, select Personalize.
>> On the left, under Tasks, select "Adjust font size (DPI)."
>> 120 DPI is probably overkill, but you can try it. Otherwise use
>> the custom DPI setting: 105-110 DPI seems to work best for most
>> people.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>>
>>
>> "Kathie and Dick" <karpinen@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23t$LV%23jeIHA.5208@xxxxxx

>> > We are new to windows vista and I can barely read the print on the desk top as well as mail or anything else. I have searched
>> > on
>> > how to make the print larger and it is not just like going into your email and changing the font size. Any tips on this issue
>> > from people who are familiar with vista.
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > --
>> > Kathie
>> >
>>
>>
>>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)