• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to report a Bug

A
#1
I have found bugs that I would like to report, but Beta Client says that my
Passport isn't valid. How do I go about reporting bugs?
 

My Computer

R

Richard Urban

#2
"aoeu" <aoeu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:95FE2DA7-755A-4E60-9863-082B75A8A4FF@microsoft.com...
>I have found bugs that I would like to report, but Beta Client says that my
> Passport isn't valid. How do I go about reporting bugs?




Without a valid passport account, or a valid email account set up in Windows
Mail, you can't.

If you don't have a valid Passport/Hotmail account, create a new one.

Then send your bug reports.

Remember to allow the report to include the recommended files and your
hardware configuration. It is important for Microsoft to investigate the
situation.

--


Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
Posted via Vista RC2, 5744

(For email, remove the obvious from my address)

Quote from George Ankner:
If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
 

My Computer

A
#3
My passport should be valid. I can use it everywhere else (posting here,
signing up for the public Vista beta, signing in to connect.microsoft.com).
Does my passport have to have some specific flag set to let it report bugs
via Beta Client, or should any passport be able to report bugs?

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> "aoeu" <aoeu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:95FE2DA7-755A-4E60-9863-082B75A8A4FF@microsoft.com...
> >I have found bugs that I would like to report, but Beta Client says that my
> > Passport isn't valid. How do I go about reporting bugs?

>
>
>
> Without a valid passport account, or a valid email account set up in Windows
> Mail, you can't.
>
> If you don't have a valid Passport/Hotmail account, create a new one.
>
> Then send your bug reports.
>
> Remember to allow the report to include the recommended files and your
> hardware configuration. It is important for Microsoft to investigate the
> situation.
>
> --
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> Posted via Vista RC2, 5744
>
> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
> If you knew as much as you think you know,
> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
>
>
 

My Computer

S

SAM-R

#4
First off, if you are running 5744, how did you get there? Did you upgrade
from XP, Beta2 or RC1 or did you upgrade from 5728 to 5744? Upgrades from
5536 or 5728 are not supported and you are asked to not turn in bug reports.
If you are ok with the way you installed then you may have to create a new
Passport.
"aoeu" <aoeu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:95FE2DA7-755A-4E60-9863-082B75A8A4FF@microsoft.com...
>I have found bugs that I would like to report, but Beta Client says that my
> Passport isn't valid. How do I go about reporting bugs?
 

My Computer

R

Richard Urban

#5
"aoeu" <aoeu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CCBE8E0A-513C-47D2-A39B-266A933C249A@microsoft.com...
>
> My passport should be valid. I can use it everywhere else (posting here,
> signing up for the public Vista beta, signing in to
> connect.microsoft.com).
> Does my passport have to have some specific flag set to let it report bugs
> via Beta Client, or should any passport be able to report bugs?
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> "aoeu" <aoeu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:95FE2DA7-755A-4E60-9863-082B75A8A4FF@microsoft.com...
>> >I have found bugs that I would like to report, but Beta Client says that
>> >my
>> > Passport isn't valid. How do I go about reporting bugs?

>>
>>
>>
>> Without a valid passport account, or a valid email account set up in
>> Windows
>> Mail, you can't.
>>
>> If you don't have a valid Passport/Hotmail account, create a new one.
>>
>> Then send your bug reports.
>>
>> Remember to allow the report to include the recommended files and your
>> hardware configuration. It is important for Microsoft to investigate the
>> situation.
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Posted via Vista RC2, 5744
>>
>> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>> If you knew as much as you think you know,
>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
>>
>>




I just signed in using my standard hotmail account and password.


--


Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
Posted via Vista RC2, 5744

(For email, remove the obvious from my address)

Quote from George Ankner:
If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)