• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

HP Printer won't print, except for test page

M
#1
I have an HP Photosmart 7550 that was working fine. Now for some reason, it
prints nothing, except for the test pages. Those print immediately. I've
tried to print email, Internet, Word documents, etc. No luck.

I can see it go to the que and it says the job is printing, but then
suddenly it goes blank. The printer isn't receiving anything.
 
T

t-4-2

#2
Just a wild guess. Maybe your computer does not recognize the printer ? Try
uninstall/ re-install the printer.
t-4-2

"Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:77A59B47-8F9D-4476-8773-0B51545DD748@xxxxxx

> I have an HP Photosmart 7550 that was working fine. Now for some reason,
> it
> prints nothing, except for the test pages. Those print immediately. I've
> tried to print email, Internet, Word documents, etc. No luck.
>
> I can see it go to the que and it says the job is printing, but then
> suddenly it goes blank. The printer isn't receiving anything.
 
#3
How is this Q related to the Mail group?
Contact HP support

"Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:77A59B47-8F9D-4476-8773-0B51545DD748@xxxxxx

>I have an HP Photosmart 7550 that was working fine. Now for some reason,
>it
> prints nothing, except for the test pages. Those print immediately. I've
> tried to print email, Internet, Word documents, etc. No luck.
>
> I can see it go to the que and it says the job is printing, but then
> suddenly it goes blank. The printer isn't receiving anything.
 
M
#4
This is the same printer I've had since I got the computer 18 months ago.
It's been working up until now. I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled yet,
thinking it might be something else.

Because of Vista, HP requires a driver for the 5550 printer for the 7550.
That's what I did when I got the computer. I've changed nothing, at least
that I know of.
 
S

Spikey

#5
"Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:C64B52E7-92F8-408A-9BE1-79AA04360D33@xxxxxx

> This is the same printer I've had since I got the computer 18 months ago.
> It's been working up until now. I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled yet,
> thinking it might be something else.
>
> Because of Vista, HP requires a driver for the 5550 printer for the 7550.
> That's what I did when I got the computer. I've changed nothing, at least
> that I know of.
There is a driver on the HP site for vista for the 7550 not the 7550i
though. Its worth while uninstalling, restart and reinstalling the driver
software. Occasionally I've noticed a driver not funtioning after windows
updates.
 
S

Spikey

#7
"Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0AC47201-B495-47C5-BCBD-CF277A715B08@xxxxxx

>I coldn't find any driver for the 7550, other than the Deskjet 5550 as HP
> requires. Here's the link;
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...8478&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=72891&lang=en
>
> If you found one in a different location, please enlighten me.
>
> I hate Vista.
http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look...3-1&h_pagetype=s-002&h_query=7550&submit=Go+»

The printers all seem to have vista except the "i" version.
 
M
#8
I don't understand your question regarding the que. I just emailed HP, so
we'll se what happens with them.

Regarding the que, I can see the file has been sent to the printer. It says
it's printing, then suddenly disappears. and nothing happens.

thanks

"DL" wrote:

> How is this Q related to the Mail group?
> Contact HP support
>
> "Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:77A59B47-8F9D-4476-8773-0B51545DD748@xxxxxx

> >I have an HP Photosmart 7550 that was working fine. Now for some reason,
> >it
> > prints nothing, except for the test pages. Those print immediately. I've
> > tried to print email, Internet, Word documents, etc. No luck.
> >
> > I can see it go to the que and it says the job is printing, but then
> > suddenly it goes blank. The printer isn't receiving anything.
>
>
>
 
S

Spikey

#9
"Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0AC47201-B495-47C5-BCBD-CF277A715B08@xxxxxx

>I coldn't find any driver for the 7550, other than the Deskjet 5550 as HP
> requires. Here's the link;
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...8478&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=72891&lang=en
>
> If you found one in a different location, please enlighten me.
>
> I hate Vista.
Sorry my bad, hadnt gone a page further in. Its still offering compatible
drivers only.

They haven't got vista drivers for my big A3 machine either luckily its
still attached to an XP desktop.

:o(
 
M
#10
Just got a reply from HP that said it might be a USB cable problem, which
occurs on occasion. I'll fiddle with it in the morning, I need to get up at
4:45 to walk the dog.

thanks

"Spikey" wrote:

>
> "Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:0AC47201-B495-47C5-BCBD-CF277A715B08@xxxxxx

> >I coldn't find any driver for the 7550, other than the Deskjet 5550 as HP
> > requires. Here's the link;
> > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...8478&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=72891&lang=en
> >
> > If you found one in a different location, please enlighten me.
> >
> > I hate Vista.
>
> Sorry my bad, hadnt gone a page further in. Its still offering compatible
> drivers only.
>
> They haven't got vista drivers for my big A3 machine either luckily its
> still attached to an XP desktop.
>
> :o(
>
>
 
D
#11
He is asking why you posted your question in the Windows Mail group, and not
in the proper group, like
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
or
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
where you may find quicker/better help.


--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
http://download.live.com/wlmail


"Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0FD98B9F-95F6-45A8-8AE2-17FD2DC6547F@xxxxxx

> I don't understand your question regarding the que. I just emailed HP, so
> we'll se what happens with them.
>
> Regarding the que, I can see the file has been sent to the printer. It
> says
> it's printing, then suddenly disappears. and nothing happens.
>
> thanks
>
> "DL" wrote:
>

>> How is this Q related to the Mail group?
>> Contact HP support
>>
>> "Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>> news:77A59B47-8F9D-4476-8773-0B51545DD748@xxxxxx

>> >I have an HP Photosmart 7550 that was working fine. Now for some
>> >reason,
>> >it
>> > prints nothing, except for the test pages. Those print immediately.
>> > I've
>> > tried to print email, Internet, Word documents, etc. No luck.
>> >
>> > I can see it go to the que and it says the job is printing, but then
>> > suddenly it goes blank. The printer isn't receiving anything.
>>
>>
>>
 
M
#12
Actually, I thought I had clicked that heading. I'll try it there. HP's
ideas have so far failed.

thanks

"Dave" wrote:

> He is asking why you posted your question in the Windows Mail group, and not
> in the proper group, like
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
> or
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
> where you may find quicker/better help.
>
>
> --
> Windows 7 beta
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>
>
> "Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:0FD98B9F-95F6-45A8-8AE2-17FD2DC6547F@xxxxxx

> > I don't understand your question regarding the que. I just emailed HP, so
> > we'll se what happens with them.
> >
> > Regarding the que, I can see the file has been sent to the printer. It
> > says
> > it's printing, then suddenly disappears. and nothing happens.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >

> >> How is this Q related to the Mail group?
> >> Contact HP support
> >>
> >> "Mike" <Mike@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> news:77A59B47-8F9D-4476-8773-0B51545DD748@xxxxxx
> >> >I have an HP Photosmart 7550 that was working fine. Now for some
> >> >reason,
> >> >it
> >> > prints nothing, except for the test pages. Those print immediately.
> >> > I've
> >> > tried to print email, Internet, Word documents, etc. No luck.
> >> >
> >> > I can see it go to the que and it says the job is printing, but then
> >> > suddenly it goes blank. The printer isn't receiving anything.
> >>
> >>
> >>
>