Solved IP conflict

I have a vista, and when i turned on my computer ( from hibernation) and logged on, it said i have an IP conflict. it said to check the event log, but there wasnt. so i checked the event viewer or are they the same thing? anyway i got an IP conflict, and i checked the event log, and it says in my administration events have errors and such in them. i took screen shots and send them if you need them. what do i do to resolve this?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    powerspec
This is a common problem when hibernating on a network.
What likely happened was that someone else logged their computer on and was assigned the same IP address as your system had before it hibernated.
So, when your system wakes from hibernation, it tries to use that IP address - but it's being used by another computer.
To get rid of the error message, simply shutdown and restart your computer.
If you can connect to the internet, then your computer has already fixed the problem for you.

There are many different reasons for errors in the Event Viewer (to be technically correct, you use the Event Viewer to view the Event Logs). So the key here is "Are you experiencing any problems with your computer?"

I have several recurring errors in my system - but as they don't cause me any problems I feel that I can safely ignore them.

My Computer

This is a common problem when hibernating on a network.
What likely happened was that someone else logged their computer on and was assigned the same IP address as your system had before it hibernated.
So, when your system wakes from hibernation, it tries to use that IP address - but it's being used by another computer.
To get rid of the error message, simply shutdown and restart your computer.
If you can connect to the internet, then your computer has already fixed the problem for you.

There are many different reasons for errors in the Event Viewer (to be technically correct, you use the Event Viewer to view the Event Logs). So the key here is "Are you experiencing any problems with your computer?"

I have several recurring errors in my system - but as they don't cause me any problems I feel that I can safely ignore them.
thank you! i was really afraid that my computer might get fried or something if i shut it down, but it seems that it is gone now. thanks again!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    powerspec
Back