• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it safe to delete "Error Reports" in Disk cleanup?

In disk cleanup, i got 4 "error reports":
- Per user archived Windows Error Reports - 1,04 MB
- Per user queued Windows Error Reports - 331 MB
- System archived Windows Error Reports - 6,55 KB
- System queued Windows Error Reports - 26,1 MB
Is it safe to delete these?

I've been to:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
And there is files there.

I've also checked the registery:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches and the folder paths seems to be right.

Reason am saying this, is because I've heard people have had their fear share of problems with deleting these. So i just have to ask, if everything seems to be okay, can i delete these files at a regular basis?

Last edited:
I wish I'd read these tutorials earlier. I had deleted the System and per user queued Windows Error Reporting Files-GB sizes - without fixing the bug (because I didn't know there was one) but my notebook is still running. What is likely to go wrong now?
Thanks

Brink

Staff member
mvp
Hello Bluesalt,

If you had the same sizes for all of the items that were in that tutorial above, then you should backup anything that you do not want to lose to a separate drive or partition in case you experience problems from this. If it was just for that one item you have listed, then you will be fine.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

I wish I'd read these tutorials earlier. I had deleted the System and per user queued Windows Error Reporting Files-GB sizes - without fixing the bug (because I didn't know there was one) but my notebook is still running. What is likely to go wrong now?
Thanks