• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is there a version of BartPE for Vista? The same for ERUNT

J

Juan I. Cahis

#1
Dear friends:

Is there a version of BartPE for Vista? The same for ERUNT

They have solved many big problems with my XP computers in the past,
so I don't want to be without them.

Any hint?


Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!
 

My Computer

M

Mike Matheny

#2
In article <tbgq13l9u8fgd8vjug4pt9o1rrlo2un12o@4ax.com>, Juan I. Cahis says...

> Dear friends:
>
> Is there a version of BartPE for Vista? The same for ERUNT
>
> They have solved many big problems with my XP computers in the past,
> so I don't want to be without them.
>
> Any hint?
>
>
> Thanks
> Juan I. Cahis
> Santiago de Chile (South America)
> Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!
>

BartPE should work with Vista - have you tried, or do you want a BartPE with
the Vista PE?
--
Mike Matheny
 

My Computer

J

Juan I. Cahis

#3
Dear Mike, I want a BartPE with the Vista PE that I can install in the
boot menu, in order to be able to boot to it if something is wrong
with the main Operating System.

Another solution could be to install Vista's equivalent to the
Recovery Console of XP in the boot menu. Does such a thing exist for
Vista?

And what's about ERUNT?

Mike Matheny <thomasdotmdotmatheny@nasadotgov> wrote:

>In article <tbgq13l9u8fgd8vjug4pt9o1rrlo2un12o@4ax.com>, Juan I. Cahis says...
>
>> Dear friends:
>>
>> Is there a version of BartPE for Vista? The same for ERUNT
>>
>> They have solved many big problems with my XP computers in the past,
>> so I don't want to be without them.
>>
>> Any hint?
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>> Juan I. Cahis
>> Santiago de Chile (South America)
>> Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!
>>

>BartPE should work with Vista - have you tried, or do you want a BartPE with
>the Vista PE?

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!
 

My Computer

M

Mike Matheny

#4
Juan I. Cahis expressed precisely :
> Dear Mike, I want a BartPE with the Vista PE that I can install in the
> boot menu, in order to be able to boot to it if something is wrong
> with the main Operating System.
>
> Another solution could be to install Vista's equivalent to the
> Recovery Console of XP in the boot menu. Does such a thing exist for
> Vista?
>
> And what's about ERUNT?
>
> Mike Matheny <thomasdotmdotmatheny@nasadotgov> wrote:
>
>> In article <tbgq13l9u8fgd8vjug4pt9o1rrlo2un12o@4ax.com>, Juan I. Cahis
>> says...
>>
>>> Dear friends:
>>>
>>> Is there a version of BartPE for Vista? The same for ERUNT
>>>
>>> They have solved many big problems with my XP computers in the past,
>>> so I don't want to be without them.
>>>
>>> Any hint?
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Juan I. Cahis
>>> Santiago de Chile (South America)
>>> Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!
>>>

>> BartPE should work with Vista - have you tried, or do you want a BartPE with
>> the Vista PE?

> Thanks
> Juan I. Cahis
> Santiago de Chile (South America)
> Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!


You cannot install a PE item in the boot menu - if you are looking for a
failsafe mechanism, you could load XP as a 2nd OS and boot into it if Vista
fails to load.

--

Mike Matheny
 

My Computer

#5
BartPE is based upon WinPE (pre-envrioment OS) which is included with Vista
and is the boot mechanism and provides the Vista repair options which are
more comprensive than the Recovery Console.

WinPE initially was only available to "Enterprise" customers, however it is
now included with WIAK (Windows Image Administration Kit).

It can be modified to icnlude applications and be boted from CD/DVD, RAM
disk or USB. Detailed instructions are included in the WIAK.


"Mike Matheny" <thomas.m.matheny@nasa.gov> wrote in message
news:mn.82717d7591e49c4f.74859@nasa.gov...
> Juan I. Cahis expressed precisely :
>> Dear Mike, I want a BartPE with the Vista PE that I can install in the
>> boot menu, in order to be able to boot to it if something is wrong
>> with the main Operating System.
>>
>> Another solution could be to install Vista's equivalent to the
>> Recovery Console of XP in the boot menu. Does such a thing exist for
>> Vista?
>>
>> And what's about ERUNT?
>>
>> Mike Matheny <thomasdotmdotmatheny@nasadotgov> wrote:
>>
>>> In article <tbgq13l9u8fgd8vjug4pt9o1rrlo2un12o@4ax.com>, Juan I. Cahis
>>> says...
>>>
>>>> Dear friends:
>>>>
>>>> Is there a version of BartPE for Vista? The same for ERUNT
>>>>
>>>> They have solved many big problems with my XP computers in the past,
>>>> so I don't want to be without them.
>>>>
>>>> Any hint?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>> Juan I. Cahis
>>>> Santiago de Chile (South America)
>>>> Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!
>>>>
>>> BartPE should work with Vista - have you tried, or do you want a BartPE
>>> with the Vista PE?

>> Thanks
>> Juan I. Cahis
>> Santiago de Chile (South America)
>> Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

>
> You cannot install a PE item in the boot menu - if you are looking for a
> failsafe mechanism, you could load XP as a 2nd OS and boot into it if
> Vista fails to load.
>
> --
>
> Mike Matheny
>
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)