• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LCD Refresh out of range

T

Terry

#1
I have a couple of old LCD monitors (Samsung SyncMaster 170MP and SGI
1600SW). Niether seem to work with Vista - all I get is a black screen. My
graphics card is a ATI Radeon X1600Pro. When I boot - the screen refresh goes
out of range. My Monitor is set to Default Monitor. I can neither change the
refresh rates nor attempt to add a monitor driver.

The monitors work in safe mode (VGA) and when I disable the video card to
VGA mode.

How can I set the Default Monitor refresh rate to 60Hz? Is there another
solution?
 

My Computer

?

=?Utf-8?B?QmV0YSBUZXN0ZXI=?=

#2
Out of Rage - 36.3Khz / 34 Hz - ATI X1900XTX

I am experiencing the same problem using the ATI X1900XTX. I get all the way
thru the installation of Vista RC-1, and then the screen turns black.

I then reboot the system and perform the repair from the installation Disk,
and it is unable to resolve the error. My screen displays the error:

Out of Range - 36.3Khz / 34Hz

At this point I am unable to continue. However, the machine works
flawlessly on Win XP 64 Bit O/S.

Any ideas on how to resolve these issues with ATI Cards?

Regards,

Chad

"Terry" wrote:

> I have a couple of old LCD monitors (Samsung SyncMaster 170MP and SGI
> 1600SW). Niether seem to work with Vista - all I get is a black screen. My
> graphics card is a ATI Radeon X1600Pro. When I boot - the screen refresh goes
> out of range. My Monitor is set to Default Monitor. I can neither change the
> refresh rates nor attempt to add a monitor driver.
>
> The monitors work in safe mode (VGA) and when I disable the video card to
> VGA mode.
>
> How can I set the Default Monitor refresh rate to 60Hz? Is there another
> solution?
 

My Computer

?

=?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?=

#3
I solved my original problem by updating the BIOS -- it turned out to be a
problem (if I recollect correctly) with the memory addressing for PCI-E. No
problem with the graphics card itself. Hope this works in your case.

"Beta Tester" wrote:

> am experiencing the same problem using the ATI X1900XTX. I get all the way
> thru the installation of Vista RC-1, and then the screen turns black.
>
> I then reboot the system and perform the repair from the installation Disk,
> and it is unable to resolve the error. My screen displays the error:
>
> Out of Range - 36.3Khz / 34Hz
>
> At this point I am unable to continue. However, the machine works
> flawlessly on Win XP 64 Bit O/S.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve these issues with ATI Cards? My monitor is the
> Sony 19 Xbrite LCD.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chad
>
>
>
> "Terry" wrote:
>
> > I have a couple of old LCD monitors (Samsung SyncMaster 170MP and SGI
> > 1600SW). Niether seem to work with Vista - all I get is a black screen. My
> > graphics card is a ATI Radeon X1600Pro. When I boot - the screen refresh goes
> > out of range. My Monitor is set to Default Monitor. I can neither change the
> > refresh rates nor attempt to add a monitor driver.
> >
> > The monitors work in safe mode (VGA) and when I disable the video card to
> > VGA mode.
> >
> > How can I set the Default Monitor refresh rate to 60Hz? Is there another
> > solution?
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)