• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Macromedia projector

V

Victoria

#1
When I try to open my anatomy cd a message pops up that says Macromedia
projector has stopped working. The cds worked 1 week ago in my old computer
with windows xp. How can I fix it?
 

My Computer

A

Andrew McLaren

#2
"Victoria" <Victoria@xxxxxx> wrote ...

> When I try to open my anatomy cd a message pops up that says Macromedia
> projector has stopped working. The cds worked 1 week ago in my old
> computer
> with windows xp. How can I fix it?
Macromedia Projector is a utility from Adobe (formerly Macromedia) which
bundles up a Flash visual presentation into a stand-alone EXE file, so you
can display the images on a PC without the Flash Player installed. Your
anatomy CD-ROM probably used Macromedia Projector to display its anatomy
pictures.

Macromedia Projector is not compatible with Vista. In order to run the
program, you need to set the Compatibility to a previous version of Windows.

In Explorer, find the main EXE file on the CD-ROM which runs the anatomy
program. Right-click the EXE file and choose Properties from the context
menu. The Properties dialogue will appear. Choose the Compatibility Tab.
Check the checkbox in Compatibility Mode, for "Run this program in
compatibility mode for:" and choose and earlier version of Windows - Windows
98 would be a good one to try. Then click OK to save the changes. Now
double-click the EXE file, to launch the program.

Once you have set the Compatibility, Windows Vista should "remember" to run
the program in compatibility mode, so hopefully you only need to do this
once.

Hope it helps,
--
Andrew McLaren
amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
 

My Computer

D

Denise

#3
Macromedia Projector is a utility from Adobe (formerly Macromedia) which
bundles up a Flash visual presentation into a stand-alone EXE file, so you
can display the images on a PC without the Flash Player installed. Your
anatomy CD-ROM probably used Macromedia Projector to display its anatomy
pictures.

Macromedia Projector is not compatible with Vista. In order to run the
program, you need to set the Compatibility to a previous version of Windows.

In Explorer, find the main EXE file on the CD-ROM which runs the anatomy
program. Right-click the EXE file and choose Properties from the context
menu. The Properties dialogue will appear. Choose the Compatibility Tab.
Check the checkbox in Compatibility Mode, for "Run this program in
compatibility mode for:" and choose and earlier version of Windows - Windows
98 would be a good one to try. Then click OK to save the changes. Now
double-click the EXE file, to launch the program.

Once you have set the Compatibility, Windows Vista should "remember" to run
the program in compatibility mode, so hopefully you only need to do this
once.

Hope it helps,

Andrew McLaren
amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there. I have 2 games, Zoo Vet and Zoo Vet: Endangered Species, and both
of them get the error message "Macromedia Projector Has Stopped Working". I
have done the compatibility mode thing, which should have worked considering
they both work in XP. But it didn't. It's very frustrating, as I can only
play the game if I quickly click to skip each cut scene, which means I miss
all the dialogue. Is there ANY help for this? I have found many posts
on-line about this issue, with everyone saying to do the compatibility thing.
Adobe is no help, they have a tech note saying they are working on the
problem, but it was last updated in October 2005!! They say it's a problem
with having Quicktime 7 on the system.
 

My Computer

J

Jeffrey R. Kuntzelman

#4
I've found the program compatibility wizard to be quite useless. It seems
that the problem is more with the older software of Macromedia Projector. I
think it was written for operating systems XP and older. Vista seems to spit
out Macromedia like it was garbage. Unless Adobe, or Microsoft, figures out
a patch, I think this problem is going to stay for a while. Just a heads up
from an unemployed computer tech.
--
~Jeffrey R. Kuntzelman 2008
"Your bark is only as good as your bite. BITE HARD!!" -JRK 2004


"Andrew McLaren" wrote:

> "Victoria" <Victoria@xxxxxx> wrote ...

> > When I try to open my anatomy cd a message pops up that says Macromedia
> > projector has stopped working. The cds worked 1 week ago in my old
> > computer
> > with windows xp. How can I fix it?
>
> Macromedia Projector is a utility from Adobe (formerly Macromedia) which
> bundles up a Flash visual presentation into a stand-alone EXE file, so you
> can display the images on a PC without the Flash Player installed. Your
> anatomy CD-ROM probably used Macromedia Projector to display its anatomy
> pictures.
>
> Macromedia Projector is not compatible with Vista. In order to run the
> program, you need to set the Compatibility to a previous version of Windows.
>
> In Explorer, find the main EXE file on the CD-ROM which runs the anatomy
> program. Right-click the EXE file and choose Properties from the context
> menu. The Properties dialogue will appear. Choose the Compatibility Tab.
> Check the checkbox in Compatibility Mode, for "Run this program in
> compatibility mode for:" and choose and earlier version of Windows - Windows
> 98 would be a good one to try. Then click OK to save the changes. Now
> double-click the EXE file, to launch the program.
>
> Once you have set the Compatibility, Windows Vista should "remember" to run
> the program in compatibility mode, so hopefully you only need to do this
> once.
>
> Hope it helps,
> --
> Andrew McLaren
> amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
>
>
 

My Computer

J
#5
i got same problem with macromedia flash as well. i cannot run my flash
projector file in vista. even i had change the properties of exe file to
wiindow 98 or xp, it still cannot run. had microsoft coome out solution for
this?

"Jeffrey R. Kuntzelman" wrote:

> I've found the program compatibility wizard to be quite useless. It seems
> that the problem is more with the older software of Macromedia Projector. I
> think it was written for operating systems XP and older. Vista seems to spit
> out Macromedia like it was garbage. Unless Adobe, or Microsoft, figures out
> a patch, I think this problem is going to stay for a while. Just a heads up
> from an unemployed computer tech.
> --
> ~Jeffrey R. Kuntzelman 2008
> "Your bark is only as good as your bite. BITE HARD!!" -JRK 2004
>
>
> "Andrew McLaren" wrote:
>

> > "Victoria" <Victoria@xxxxxx> wrote ...

> > > When I try to open my anatomy cd a message pops up that says Macromedia
> > > projector has stopped working. The cds worked 1 week ago in my old
> > > computer
> > > with windows xp. How can I fix it?
> >
> > Macromedia Projector is a utility from Adobe (formerly Macromedia) which
> > bundles up a Flash visual presentation into a stand-alone EXE file, so you
> > can display the images on a PC without the Flash Player installed. Your
> > anatomy CD-ROM probably used Macromedia Projector to display its anatomy
> > pictures.
> >
> > Macromedia Projector is not compatible with Vista. In order to run the
> > program, you need to set the Compatibility to a previous version of Windows.
> >
> > In Explorer, find the main EXE file on the CD-ROM which runs the anatomy
> > program. Right-click the EXE file and choose Properties from the context
> > menu. The Properties dialogue will appear. Choose the Compatibility Tab.
> > Check the checkbox in Compatibility Mode, for "Run this program in
> > compatibility mode for:" and choose and earlier version of Windows - Windows
> > 98 would be a good one to try. Then click OK to save the changes. Now
> > double-click the EXE file, to launch the program.
> >
> > Once you have set the Compatibility, Windows Vista should "remember" to run
> > the program in compatibility mode, so hopefully you only need to do this
> > once.
> >
> > Hope it helps,
> > --
> > Andrew McLaren
> > amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
> >
> >
 

My Computer

R

Regina Stabler

#6
Macromedia Projector issues

I am having the same problem with my anatomy cds. I have completed the
compatibility change and this did not correct my problem. Has there been any
updates for this problem or any solutions?
 

My Computer

M

misscleo

#7
Re: Macromedia Projector issues

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:21:01 -0800, Regina Stabler <Regina
Stabler@xxxxxx> wrote:

>I am having the same problem with my anatomy cds. I have completed the
>compatibility change and this did not correct my problem. Has there been any
>updates for this problem or any solutions?

Anyone wanting the particulars of this person's problem
can call my hotline (Google it) and for a fee I can give
you all the details.

Miss Cleo
--
Psychic Extraordinaire
 

My Computer

R

Randall Flagg

#8
Re: Macromedia Projector issues

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:21:01 -0800, Regina Stabler <Regina
Stabler@xxxxxx> wrote:

>I am having the same problem with my anatomy cds. I have completed the
>compatibility change and this did not correct my problem. Has there been any
>updates for this problem or any solutions?
You be havin' a problem wit' you brain, dude, an' I can't be readin'
it.
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)