Microphone playback problems with vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

meriones

I am having getting a "classic" problem of getting the microphone to playback
instantly while I am recording. The recording itself works ok.

A common solution for this problem seems to be
Sound>Playback>Speakers>Properties>Levels>unmute the appropriate input.
However, the levels tab contains (on my computer) only the level adjustments
for the speakers itself and nothing else.
 

My Computer

C

Cal Bear '66

Microphone -- playback??????

Microphones are INPUT devices. Microphones are RECORDING devices. How on earth
can a microphone playback?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"meriones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I am having getting a "classic" problem of getting the microphone to playback
> instantly while I am recording. The recording itself works ok.
>
> A common solution for this problem seems to be
> Sound>Playback>Speakers>Properties>Levels>unmute the appropriate input.
> However, the levels tab contains (on my computer) only the level adjustments
> for the speakers itself and nothing else.
 

My Computer

D

Doofy

YOU CAN "PLAYBACK" ON A MIC!
I have the same problem!
When you plug the mic into the input, you should hear yourself over the
speaker(s)!
Ever heard of karaoke??????

Please can anyone help us on this problem??
ThAnX!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cal Bear '66" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 2:22 AM
Subject: Re: Microphone playback problems with vista.


> Microphone -- playback??????
>
> Microphones are INPUT devices. Microphones are RECORDING devices. How on
> earth
> can a microphone playback?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>
>
> "meriones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>I am having getting a "classic" problem of getting the microphone to
>>playback
>> instantly while I am recording. The recording itself works ok.
>>
>> A common solution for this problem seems to be
>> Sound>Playback>Speakers>Properties>Levels>unmute the appropriate input.
>> However, the levels tab contains (on my computer) only the level
>> adjustments
>> for the speakers itself and nothing else.

>
>
 

My Computer

S

Susy2193

I am also having this problem within karaoke programmes.I can either playback
the recorded voice OR the background music track but not both together. The
sound settings all relate to XP not Vista.Any help?

"meriones" wrote:

> I am having getting a "classic" problem of getting the microphone to playback
> instantly while I am recording. The recording itself works ok.
>
> A common solution for this problem seems to be
> Sound>Playback>Speakers>Properties>Levels>unmute the appropriate input.
> However, the levels tab contains (on my computer) only the level adjustments
> for the speakers itself and nothing else.
 

My Computer

T

TGO88

There is no option under Sound>Playback>Speakers>Properties>Levels to unmute
the appropriate input for me either, anyone have any ideas

"meriones" wrote:

> I am having getting a "classic" problem of getting the microphone to playback
> instantly while I am recording. The recording itself works ok.
>
> A common solution for this problem seems to be
> Sound>Playback>Speakers>Properties>Levels>unmute the appropriate input.
> However, the levels tab contains (on my computer) only the level adjustments
> for the speakers itself and nothing else.
 

My Computer

C

carpenns

Cal Bear (Banana Slugs represent) once again, you have simply added
insult to injury, the rest of us have all purchased/ build vista
ultimate machines and simply desire the microphone/ mp3 player/ input
device to play through the speakers (in real time). After many moons
trying to find THE solution, and over 10 years of performing this
simple task on windows machines, people suggest that we are idiots who:
a. have not turned the volume up on the mic, etc. The problem runs
deeper, specifically, the microphone is supposed to show up under
Playback-Speakers-Properties-Levels....where the mic is supposed to be
this option to unmute and allow through the speakers. This simply isnt'
the case, no microphone under the speakers to allow through. Bill Gates
just doesn't care about his product anymore at this point, MS can get
away with a half assed OS w/ plenty of advertising as 'the next cool
thing' but it's all glitter no gold. [email protected] Please, if
anyone, a regedit or something, to get the damn monitors to work
(toshiba a215-s7437 laptop, realtek drivers, vista ultimate 32 bit)


Cal Bear '66;3099248 Wrote:

> Microphone -- playback??????
>
> Microphones are INPUT devices. Microphones are RECORDING devices. How
> on earth
> can a microphone playback?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>
>
> "meriones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]

> >I am having getting a "classic" problem of getting the microphone to
> playback

> > instantly while I am recording. The recording itself works ok.
> >
> > A common solution for this problem seems to be
> > Sound>Playback>Speakers>Properties>Levels>unmute the appropriate
> input.

> > However, the levels tab contains (on my computer) only the level
> adjustments

> > for the speakers itself and nothing else.

--
carpenns
------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpenns's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50245
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=803975

http://forums.techarena.in
 

My Computer

dbknox

Vista Pro
There has been no mention of what type of sound card/onboard sound card being used. My Vista does play the Microphone in real time. I have an onboard Realtek sound program. ( this seems to be the problematic driver card for most users) I had to update to at least version 6.0.1.5567 before having any success with Realtek. My sound was garbled and I couldn't recorded at a high enough level to hear.
 

My Computer

System One

  • Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire M1100 R01-A1
    CPU
    2.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer F690GVM
    Memory
    2047 MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
    Sound Card
    realtek
    Internet Speed
    56K
V

Victor

May be you can help me - I have a reverse problem - I want to mute the
incoming signal - how to do it? Victor

"dbknox" wrote:

>
> There has been no mention of what type of sound card/onboard sound card
> being used. My Vista does play the Microphone in real time. I have an
> onboard *Realtek sound* program. ( this seems to be the problematic
> driver card for most users) I had to update to at least version
> 6.0.1.5567 before having any success with Realtek. My sound was garbled
> and I couldn't recorded at a high enough level to hear.
>
>
> --
> dbknox
>
 

My Computer

C

carpenns

Thank you dbknox, I built a much fancier computer a while back (which I
no longer have) that had an Nvida mobo, the good one, and a real tek
mixer (not the vista one) made all that work, now I don't know what
it's called/ where to find, and I'm tired to trying so many different
things that don't work, to prove I have a mic that works/ is plugged
in/ unmuted, etc. listen to this track I recorded not having proper
functioning monitors, is this the type of music you would have me make
bill? no monitors bill? when can we expect a solution eh?

http://mp3space.com/file/65073/miniriffs_-_messin_around1_mp3


--
carpenns
------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpenns's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50245
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=803975

http://forums.techarena.in
 

My Computer

dbknox

Vista Pro
Victor
May be you can help me - I have a reverse problem - I want to mute the
incoming signal - how to do it? Victor
Hi Victor not sure if I understand you or not. I suspect you are getting feedback and want to mute the sound. The only way I have ever done that is by turning down/off the speakers.
I never gave it much thought. Sorry if that isn't helpful.
Another way of course is to double click on the little "speaker" icon in the taskbar and mute the sound from there.
I can't give you much more information then that with out knowing what sound card you are using. ( and maybe not even then!!)
 

My Computer

System One

  • Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire M1100 R01-A1
    CPU
    2.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer F690GVM
    Memory
    2047 MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
    Sound Card
    realtek
    Internet Speed
    56K
J

Jeff Richards

Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray, select Recording Devices,
then select the microphone and Properties. Choose Levels and adjust as
required.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"Victor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> May be you can help me - I have a reverse problem - I want to mute the
> incoming signal - how to do it? Victor
>
 

My Computer

A

aplusbizland

Have an HP dv9823CL (dv9000 series) and was going to use this for disc
jockey use like I have in the past with win XP - never had a problem
using my microphone as a live input, was able to use my laptop as my
mixer, not needing an external mixer. With this laptop I cannot get any
mic playback options, even with registry hacks and edits I've seen on
other forums, that will allow live mic playback with this audio driver,
Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 it does not seem too "SMART"
because it will not allow what I have been able to do since windows 95!
An upgrade should add new features to an existing operating system, to
go to Vista now seems like a downgrade because I cannot do what I used
to be able to do. I have talked to HP tech support and they just say to
turn up the recording volume of the mic. NO that does not work, I'm not
trying to record, I'm trying to use the mic in a live situation of a DJ
or while playing karaoke and someone sings through the mic. This HAS to
be live and in real time. STUPID vista or maybe it is Conexant who I
thought made modems, not sound cards. HP trying to save money... now
conexant skimps on audio driver options, and this is supposed to be an
ENTERTAINMENT PC. Any other suggestions anyone? If not, I'm returning
this laptop or trying to downgrade to XP on it, although I'm not too
sure there's an XP driver for this laptop chipset.


--
aplusbizland
------------------------------------------------------------------------
aplusbizland's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/aplusbizland.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-music-video/803975.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
 

My Computer

C

Chuck

I'd return it while you can. It is doubtful that you will be able to do what
you want.
The last time I got into this, it was a driver limitation, with no planned
update to solve the problem..

"aplusbizland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>
> Have an HP dv9823CL (dv9000 series) and was going to use this for disc
> jockey use like I have in the past with win XP - never had a problem
> using my microphone as a live input, was able to use my laptop as my
> mixer, not needing an external mixer. With this laptop I cannot get any
> mic playback options, even with registry hacks and edits I've seen on
> other forums, that will allow live mic playback with this audio driver,
> Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 it does not seem too "SMART"
> because it will not allow what I have been able to do since windows 95!
> An upgrade should add new features to an existing operating system, to
> go to Vista now seems like a downgrade because I cannot do what I used
> to be able to do. I have talked to HP tech support and they just say to
> turn up the recording volume of the mic. NO that does not work, I'm not
> trying to record, I'm trying to use the mic in a live situation of a DJ
> or while playing karaoke and someone sings through the mic. This HAS to
> be live and in real time. STUPID vista or maybe it is Conexant who I
> thought made modems, not sound cards. HP trying to save money... now
> conexant skimps on audio driver options, and this is supposed to be an
> ENTERTAINMENT PC. Any other suggestions anyone? If not, I'm returning
> this laptop or trying to downgrade to XP on it, although I'm not too
> sure there's an XP driver for this laptop chipset.
>
>
> --
> aplusbizland
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> aplusbizland's Profile:
> http://forums.techarena.in/members/aplusbizland.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-music-video/803975.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
 

My Computer

A

ashok kumar p.r.

My Computer

G

Graham Hughes

Depends on the sound card, read through the manual for it's settings or
check on the web.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media


"ashok kumar p.r." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>
> i can record the voice through mic, but cant playback for karaoke. I
> need the voice should directly come out thrugh speakers from mic. is
> there any playback option available for laptop.
>
>
> --
> ashok kumar p.r.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ashok kumar p.r.'s Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/108073.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-music-video/803975.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
 

My Computer

I

IPsquint

I'm having the same problem, my mrs is pregnant and i was trying to hear
the babies heartbeat using the mic boost and high volume.. shock horror
im getting no live playback like the rest of ya, after reading all your
replies i think the only thing we can say for certain is that vista
sucks donkey balls if it cant manage a simple thing like that its never
been a problem till now so wtf do i need mixers, standalone, soundcards
or sonic ball blasters for.
and no im not muted in any way what so ever record is fine just no live
monitor

spec. £300 quid laptop i got free with a mobile phone but its not like
im asking it to run modern warfare 2 just listen and repeat


--
IPsquint
------------------------------------------------------------------------
IPsquint's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/170727.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-music-video/803975.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
 

My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top