Microsoft Picture It

D

Dave

This questions gets asked in the
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video newsgroup

The answer is no.
John Inzer says...

"The latest and last version of Digital Image Suite
would be the current replacement for Picture It!.
"Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition"

This software line has been discontinued but some
retails stores could still have copies for sale. Also
check on eBay for availability.

There's a 60 day trial version available for
download if you would like to give it a try:

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
down-load the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
have the ability to create VCDs and it does
not include the clipart and pre-formatted
projects."


"djh1961" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Does Microsoft Picture It Not work in Windows Vista?
 

My Computer

J

John Inzer

djh1961 wrote:

> Does Microsoft Picture It Not work in Windows Vista?
===============================
I successfully installed all my MS Picture It!/
MS Digital Image programs on the Vista
partition.

The versions that function correctly are:
PI99, PI2000, DIS9, DIS10 and DIS2006.

PIPP2001, PIPP2002 and DIP7 will
install but will not run.

I've also seen a few reports that DIS10
has problems when running on Vista.

===
The following info was posted 09-22-2007
in the Picture It! Newsgroup but it did not
work for me:
===
I have Vista Business and have Picture It 2002
working by setting compatibility to Windows
Server 2003 Service Pack 1. (Tried it set to XP
SP2 and would open pics but not save edits)
===

===
It's also possible to run Picture It! in a Virtual
Machine if you have a copy of WinXP that
can be activated. Here's a link to a message
from someone who tried it:
*Update* Picture It! Publishing Platinum
2002 on Vista
http://tinyurl.com/2g3rl4
===

The most recent 2006 version is optimized
for Vista: "Microsoft Digital Image Suite
Anniversary Edition"...Amazon and eBay
are good sources for hard to find software.

There's a 60 day trial version available for
download if you would like to give it a try:

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
download the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
have the ability to create VCDs and it does
not include the clipart and pre-formatted
projects.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
 

My Computer

A

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

I thought Microsoft said that Photo Gallery was the successor to Picture It!
Is it?
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
My Vista Quickstart Guide:
http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
"John Inzer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> djh1961 wrote:

>> Does Microsoft Picture It Not work in Windows Vista?
> ===============================
> I successfully installed all my MS Picture It!/
> MS Digital Image programs on the Vista
> partition.
>
> The versions that function correctly are:
> PI99, PI2000, DIS9, DIS10 and DIS2006.
>
> PIPP2001, PIPP2002 and DIP7 will
> install but will not run.
>
> I've also seen a few reports that DIS10
> has problems when running on Vista.
>
> ===
> The following info was posted 09-22-2007
> in the Picture It! Newsgroup but it did not
> work for me:
> ===
> I have Vista Business and have Picture It 2002
> working by setting compatibility to Windows
> Server 2003 Service Pack 1. (Tried it set to XP
> SP2 and would open pics but not save edits)
> ===
>
> ===
> It's also possible to run Picture It! in a Virtual
> Machine if you have a copy of WinXP that
> can be activated. Here's a link to a message
> from someone who tried it:
> *Update* Picture It! Publishing Platinum
> 2002 on Vista
> http://tinyurl.com/2g3rl4
> ===
>
> The most recent 2006 version is optimized
> for Vista: "Microsoft Digital Image Suite
> Anniversary Edition"...Amazon and eBay
> are good sources for hard to find software.
>
> There's a 60 day trial version available for
> download if you would like to give it a try:
>
> Microsoft Digital Image
> Starter Edition 2006
> http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
> (this product line has been
> discontinued but you can still
> download the Starter Version
> and run it for 60 days)
>
> Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
> have the ability to create VCDs and it does
> not include the clipart and pre-formatted
> projects.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>
 

My Computer

J

John Inzer

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] wrote:

> I thought Microsoft said that Photo Gallery was the successor to
> Picture It! Is it?
===============================
It has some of the features but is not even
close to being a full blown editing program.
Maybe in time it will be...who knows?

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
 

My Computer

K

krock

OK, so Picture It is "dead" and DIS2006 is dying. Is there a decent option
out there anywhere that has most or all of the functionality of Picture It
2002? Help!!

"John Inzer" wrote:

> djh1961 wrote:

> > Does Microsoft Picture It Not work in Windows Vista?
> ===============================
> I successfully installed all my MS Picture It!/
> MS Digital Image programs on the Vista
> partition.
>
> The versions that function correctly are:
> PI99, PI2000, DIS9, DIS10 and DIS2006.
>
> PIPP2001, PIPP2002 and DIP7 will
> install but will not run.
>
> I've also seen a few reports that DIS10
> has problems when running on Vista.
>
> ===
> The following info was posted 09-22-2007
> in the Picture It! Newsgroup but it did not
> work for me:
> ===
> I have Vista Business and have Picture It 2002
> working by setting compatibility to Windows
> Server 2003 Service Pack 1. (Tried it set to XP
> SP2 and would open pics but not save edits)
> ===
>
> ===
> It's also possible to run Picture It! in a Virtual
> Machine if you have a copy of WinXP that
> can be activated. Here's a link to a message
> from someone who tried it:
> *Update* Picture It! Publishing Platinum
> 2002 on Vista
> http://tinyurl.com/2g3rl4
> ===
>
> The most recent 2006 version is optimized
> for Vista: "Microsoft Digital Image Suite
> Anniversary Edition"...Amazon and eBay
> are good sources for hard to find software.
>
> There's a 60 day trial version available for
> download if you would like to give it a try:
>
> Microsoft Digital Image
> Starter Edition 2006
> http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
> (this product line has been
> discontinued but you can still
> download the Starter Version
> and run it for 60 days)
>
> Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
> have the ability to create VCDs and it does
> not include the clipart and pre-formatted
> projects.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>
>
 

My Computer

J

John Inzer

BChat wrote:

> "djh1961" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> Does Microsoft Picture It Not work in Windows Vista?
>
>
> I have Picture It! Premium 10 working with Vista Ultimate.
================================
I'm glad to hear that...I've seen some reports
of issues with version 10 running on vista.

The only version that is optimized for Vista is
the Anniversary edition...and there is a Vista
compatibility patch for Digital Image Suite 2006.

Currently, there are no Vista updates for earlier
versions of MS Picture It! / MS Digital Image..

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
 

My Computer

J

John Inzer

krock wrote:

> OK, so Picture It is "dead" and DIS2006 is dying. Is there a decent
> option out there anywhere that has most or all of the functionality
> of Picture It 2002? Help!!
===============================
DIS 2006 or DIS Anniversary Edition
are both decent options. Just because
there are no more planned new versions
doesn't change the fact that it's an excellent
user friendly program.

Try the 60 day Starter version...

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
download the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)


--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
 

My Computer

Top