• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard/mouse software

D

Donald McDaniel

#1
Just downloaded the latest Microsoft keyboard/mouse software for my
keyboard/mouse set, and Vista won't allow me to install it.

What do I do? My keyboard/mouse do not work as they should. In addition, I
purchased a new Bluetooth Keyboard/mouse desktop, and I want to be ablel to
use them in Vista.

What do I do?

Any responses about this problem graciously received.

==

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
=================================================================
 

My Computer

Z

Zapper

#2
Honestly you don't wan't to hear this but...

If you "need" full functionality, you should not be running beta software.

You downloaded the Mouse and Keyboard software for Windows XP, that is not
the OS that you are currently running, so it is not surprising that they do
not install/work. I am using the MSFT Wireless Keyboard/Mouse set and 90+%
of the functions work, the only thing I have found not to work is that I can
not assign actions to the favorites keys..but since I do not use them, that
is not an issue..

I have not bought the Bluetooth keyboard so I do not know anything about how
they work.


So in answer to what you do...wait for Vista to be released to retail, or
wait until drivers are released for your devices.

"Donald McDaniel" <orthocross@wildblue.invalid> wrote in message
news:euL81SvlGHA.4444@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> Just downloaded the latest Microsoft keyboard/mouse software for my
> keyboard/mouse set, and Vista won't allow me to install it.
>
> What do I do? My keyboard/mouse do not work as they should. In addition,
> I purchased a new Bluetooth Keyboard/mouse desktop, and I want to be
> ablel to use them in Vista.
>
> What do I do?
>
> Any responses about this problem graciously received.
>
> ==
>
> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply to the original thread.
> =================================================================
>
 

My Computer

P

Peter

#3
I have the identical Bluetooth KB and Mouse. They work in Vista because
Vista loaded basic drivers for them but you won't be able to install
Intellipoint/Intellimouse software therefore you can't get the extra
functionality of programmable keys etc.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
Soundmax 4.0 Audio

"Donald McDaniel" <orthocross@wildblue.invalid> wrote in message
news:euL81SvlGHA.4444@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> Just downloaded the latest Microsoft keyboard/mouse software for my
> keyboard/mouse set, and Vista won't allow me to install it.
>
> What do I do? My keyboard/mouse do not work as they should. In addition,
> I purchased a new Bluetooth Keyboard/mouse desktop, and I want to be
> ablel to use them in Vista.
>
> What do I do?
>
> Any responses about this problem graciously received.
>
> ==
>
> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply to the original thread.
> =================================================================
>
 

My Computer

D

Donald McDaniel

#4
"Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
news:eFG2BEwlGHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I have the identical Bluetooth KB and Mouse. They work in Vista because
>Vista loaded basic drivers for them but you won't be able to install
>Intellipoint/Intellimouse software therefore you can't get the extra
>functionality of programmable keys etc.


I certainly found this to be true myself. Thanks for telling me what I
already knew.
They both work well in Vista, but as you say, I cannot program the keys.
In addition, while the mouse wheel works in all browsers, the wheel on the
keyboard refuses to work.

==

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
===================================================
 

My Computer

C

Copenhagen

#5
I wonder whether there is a command line switch to have the
Intellipoint/Intellimouse software packages ignore the OS. My experiance is
that it is often the case that it is only the installer package itself that
is a problem and that the installed software is fine irregardless.

Might be worth trying.

BTW I have the same Microsoft hardware and it is odd that they are not in
the forefront providing driver support for their own products at the same
time that they expect other manufacturers to rush to provide support for
their new OS product.

"Donald McDaniel" wrote:

> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
> news:eFG2BEwlGHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >I have the identical Bluetooth KB and Mouse. They work in Vista because
> >Vista loaded basic drivers for them but you won't be able to install
> >Intellipoint/Intellimouse software therefore you can't get the extra
> >functionality of programmable keys etc.

>
> I certainly found this to be true myself. Thanks for telling me what I
> already knew.
> They both work well in Vista, but as you say, I cannot program the keys.
> In addition, while the mouse wheel works in all browsers, the wheel on the
> keyboard refuses to work.
>
> ==
>
> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply to the original thread.
> ===================================================
>
>
>
 

My Computer

Z

Zapper

#6
I am running Vista x64, so I installed the newest Intellimouse/Type for XP
x64(5.58?). It worked fine. I think I might have checked to install in XP
SP2 compatibility mode.

"Copenhagen" <Copenhagen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BC1E4056-56C2-43C3-B4FE-2E8DB317E72C@microsoft.com...
>I wonder whether there is a command line switch to have the
> Intellipoint/Intellimouse software packages ignore the OS. My experiance
> is
> that it is often the case that it is only the installer package itself
> that
> is a problem and that the installed software is fine irregardless.
>
> Might be worth trying.
>
> BTW I have the same Microsoft hardware and it is odd that they are not in
> the forefront providing driver support for their own products at the same
> time that they expect other manufacturers to rush to provide support for
> their new OS product.
>
> "Donald McDaniel" wrote:
>
>> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
>> news:eFG2BEwlGHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> >I have the identical Bluetooth KB and Mouse. They work in Vista because
>> >Vista loaded basic drivers for them but you won't be able to install
>> >Intellipoint/Intellimouse software therefore you can't get the extra
>> >functionality of programmable keys etc.

>>
>> I certainly found this to be true myself. Thanks for telling me what I
>> already knew.
>> They both work well in Vista, but as you say, I cannot program the keys.
>> In addition, while the mouse wheel works in all browsers, the wheel on
>> the
>> keyboard refuses to work.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Donald L McDaniel
>> Please reply to the original thread.
>> ===================================================
>>
>>
>>
 

My Computer

#7
Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Hardware - Download Software

This link should take you to the download page for Intellipoint/Intellitype Pro. Now, as for me, I have the older Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A, which comes with software compatible only for Windows XP, per the error message. What I did was download the Vista compatible software from the link above; even though my keyboard wasn't listed for the Vista compatible hardware, I choose the closest hardware to what I have. Voila! Most of the buttons are identical, if not all of them. I have yet to try the Intellipoint software, but when the list for compatible hardware popped up, my Microsoft Wireless Optical 2.0 was actually listed! Now, I have full functionality of my older keyboard, right in Vista. I have tested all buttons on my keyboard, and they work perfectly, just as designed. Sindce the mouse was listed, I can more than assure you that it is going to work as well.
 

My Computer