Minolta Magicolor 2300 DL with Vista x64?

K

Kent_Diego

I just got a Vista x64 computer and have a networked Minolta Magicolor 2300
DL. The Minolta site only has 32 bit drivers. Any ideas? Even Linux can
print to this. Can I select an other 64 bit driver?

Thanks,
Kent
 

My Computer

C

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Ask Minolta if they are going to write one. No other one will work.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Kent_Diego" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>I just got a Vista x64 computer and have a networked Minolta Magicolor 2300
>DL. The Minolta site only has 32 bit drivers. Any ideas? Even Linux can
>print to this. Can I select an other 64 bit driver?
>
> Thanks,
> Kent
>
 

My Computer

K

Kent_Diego

> Ask Minolta if they are going to write one. No other one will work.

> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
> ....

I sent an email to Minolta's customer support yesterday. The Vista 32-bit
driver is many months old so it does not look like they are rushing to
support x64. I was hoping the print interface was semi generic/standard. I
was able to get Linux to work with this printer using a driver that was not
specific to the printer model. I will post back if any good nows.

Thanks,
Kent
 

My Computer

jsandytn

New Member
"I found a working Vista x64 Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300DL driver.
64bitdrivers.com:: Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300DL for XP x64
1. Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Printer>Add Printer
2. Select Local Printer not Network Printer!
3. Create new port Standard TCP/IP port, port 9100 RAW.
4. Select "Have Disk" and browse to driver downloaded from 64bitdrivers.com"

Even though this is an old post, I've gotta say that these instructions work GREAT under Windows 7 x64 (a very new situation where they apply). Yes, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300DL for XP x64 drivers will do the trick (and works quickly!) under Windows 7 x64 provided you create the TCP/IP port as directed here.

Many thanks, and now I can keep my printer!

Jeff
 

My Computer

B

BillW1948

"jsandytn" wrote:

>
> Kent_Diego;685956 Wrote:

> >
> > "I found a working Vista x64 Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300DL driver.
> > '64bitdrivers.com:: Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300DL for XP x64'
> > (http://64bitdrivers.com/driver.php?id=1490)
> > 1. Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Printer>Add Printer
> > 2. Select Local Printer not Network Printer!
> > 3. Create new port Standard TCP/IP port, port 9100 RAW.
> > 4. Select "Have Disk" and browse to driver downloaded from
> > 64bitdrivers.com"
> >
>
> Even though this is an old post, I've gotta say that these instructions
> work GREAT under Windows 7 x64 (a very new situation where they apply).
> Yes, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300DL for XP x64 drivers will do the
> trick (and works quickly!) under Windows 7 x64 -provided- you create the
> TCP/IP port as directed here.
>
> Many thanks, and now I can keep my printer!
>
> Jeff
>
>
> --
> jsandytn
> .
> Tried this and every other imaginable way to get Windows 7 64-bit to talk with my Magicolor 2300DL. No luck. I've used the MLUU_DRV.inf furnished directly from Minolta. No good. Tried every combination of port assignments and drivers. No luck. Minolta says they're delivering a driver for 32-bit Windows 7 in June. Thanks alot.
 

My Computer

Top